Broken In
i have bought this new system-
Phenom II X6 1055T 2.8GHz
MSI 890GXM G65
Gskill Ripjaws 1600 Mhz 6 GB DDR3 Kit
Powercolor ati radeon 5850 1 gb ddr5 graphics card
Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB
Corsair TX750W
i am facing a very odd problem- when i try to install any os, the system just keeps going into a reboot loop. have tried win xp, win7 & ubuntu with the same results. i have tried removing the graphics card, and using only one ram stick & each time i got the same reboot loop. i even used another psu ,but the problem persists. so this is a bios software issue.PLEASE HELP ME OUT!

Last edited:

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Could very well be aproblem in the motherboard itself? What is the frequency of the reboots? I mean is there a pattern or just random? And do check out if the reset switch is shorted or something.

OP
T

tamalsen

Broken In
I have checked out all the hardware, and the only thing left to check is the motherboard itself. But isnt it more likely that it is some bios issue? Incidentally, the motherboard has an old bios, that is the website officially lists 4 more updates. Unfortunately in the current scenario there is no way to update the bios since it will only take internet based live update. the reboots happen ALMOST every single time. only times it didnt reboot was once while trying to install win 7 , and whenever i used Ubuntu Live or ESD Commander, the system just froze. Just my luck that this would give me so much issues. Maybe i am better of just buying a different motherboard altogether? Any ways to check the motherboard or update the bios?

OP
T

tamalsen

Broken In
Ok problem solved. The issue was because the motherboard bios was unable to recognize the processor. A bios update was necessary. Guys, beware of this. MSI discourages people from trying m flash to update the bios because it fries motherboards. And you will need to update the bios to 1.7. Read up about making a pen drive bootable and then using it to update the bios!

Top Bottom