Rear speakers as if not there

Status
Not open for further replies.

HellGuardian

Broken In
Hi ppl,

This is a problem regarding my 5.1 creative 5200. the rear speakers dont seem to generate as much sound(or rather volume) as the front and centre speakers. while playing doom 3, i cant seem to hear anything from rear speakers. okay, some amount can be heard or if i move close to speakers, i can hear them, but is there anyway i can increase the sound? i use onboard 5.1 of the msi motherboard (chipset k8m800 of via).

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Have u correctly set Windows for 5.1 spkr system? If not, go to [Control Panel]>[Sounds And Audio Devices]
Click 'Advanced' and set th setup as '5.1 surround sound spkrs'.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
humm... is that happesn only with that game... or it happens with every aplication or Media player??

when u play a DVD or Dolby sound VCD or good MP3 how does ur rear spk performce??

its all depend on configering the sound options right.... any way wehn in the game try to access the sound config option & see whats the settings r set in there....

OP
H

HellGuardian

Broken In
Working rear speakers but not loud enough

well, the rear speakers are working, in all apps but they r not loud enough. i can hear them if i sit very close to them, otherwise they r almost inaudible.

vandit

In the zone
To your rescue....

Looks like u are facing a similar problem I faced with my 2.1 creatives.
first of all check if those speaker are connected properly or not.
If they are then in the sound properties of windows check the balance of speakers and set them to center.
If this does not solve your problem then u will have to do what I did......

If your warranty hasn't expired---generally of one year---- lucky enough ? then .... send them back to the vendor to get them reparied for free or else you will have to pay...

moreover did you ever drop them from a height???? --- causing this problem...

huzaifa b arab

GetUserTitle()
Try a new high quality cord to connct them and try to interchange the speakers with the front one & if still the problem exists , it means that the amplifier in the speaker must be faulty. Does this problem exist form the first?

goobimama

 Macboy
If you use a creative soundcard, then there is an option in the Creative Surround Mixer to pan your sound to the desired volumes.....

Another question, when you play stereo sound, like an Mp3, do the rear speakers sound well? Cause if they do, then its just your surround effects taking form. Most of the sound generated comes out from the front speakers, only the soundtrack and rear sounds come from the rear speakers......(am I talking rubbish?)

OP
H

HellGuardian

Broken In
i think thats the one

ya goobi, i think that the rear sounds are very low. in mp3 too, they sound less than the front ones. the speakers work okay if placed as front speakers. can it be that the onboard 5.1 is not able to give good output. will installing a creative soundcard improve the performance?

is there any difference(real world) between onboard sound and creative soundcard(live or audigy)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom