RealMe XT Launched

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
MiOS has "parallel space" feature(similar to pc virtual machine) where one can install 2 instances of same app on same phone each using different account,any similar way to achieve it on custom OS/other OS.
*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.vmos.glb

*play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lbe.parallel.intl

I would try the first one to run office's applications which don't run on rooted phones.

Edit: Didn't work. Even with root turned off, root is somehow getting detected. Guess I don't have to worry about office emails in non working time. :lol:

Last edited:

kaz

right here
Is it not possible to use 3rd party apps for such info if stock OS is missing it(I mean do manufacturers just remove this feature but capability is still there or do they completely disable this feature at OS/kernel level so even 3rd party apps can't display detailed battery stats)?
Yeah, I'm using GSam Battery Monitor and it shows the detailed graph.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Xiaomi phones will have custom roms in case you want to wipe the entire bloated ui off, can't say the same for coloros or realmeos
I don't recommend OEMs which probably spend more on marketing than actual product development.
I check custom ROMs threads at xda forums for popular redmi phones & it seems like there are always some issues.I am not saying custom ROMs are not better but it looks to me that a person needs to invest considerable time if going the custom ROM way(seen people soft bricking their phone because of using incorrect TWRP version etc for certain ROMs). I also see comments regularly on various banking/upi apps stating issues when everything works fine on my old phone running android M asus zenOS which led me to think that may be it is because of people using custom ROMs(I know about magisk but that too needs same investment of time). What's the point of buying a phone if I need to spend a few hours every 2-3 weeks troubleshooting/trying custom ROMs/updating magisk modules because bank/upi app is updated etc?

Also what's the point of 3rd party apps if they can't be used to add/restore features missing in manufacturer/stock rom. As for bloat,as long as there is enough free ram & storage left then who cares. This is why I am interested in knowing if ColorOS+3rd party apps can improve it to the level of MiOS or better,of course if it comes at the cost of ram/storage shortage then it is pointless.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
You don't need to flash magisk or even root the phone to use custom rom. Apps work fine as if they were installed in any other stock ui.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You don't need to flash magisk or even root the phone to use custom rom. Apps work fine as if they were installed in any other stock ui.
I know but people still report issues(e.g for note 7/7s,latest havoc rom comments say wifi issues/battery performance is low & suggestions are for trying a new/different kernel than the one bundled with official havoc update.Latest pixel rom comments say some issue with notification lights etc). I think these 2 are the most popular/suggested custom ROM for any phone & any other custom rom should have same or more issues.

I check custom ROMs threads at xda forums for popular redmi phones & it seems like there are always some issues.I am not saying custom ROMs are not better but it looks to me that a person needs to invest considerable time if going the custom ROM way(seen people soft bricking their phone because of using incorrect TWRP version etc for certain ROMs). I also see comments regularly on various banking/upi apps stating issues when everything works fine on my old phone running android M asus zenOS which led me to think that may be it is because of people using custom ROMs(I know about magisk but that too needs same investment of time). What's the point of buying a phone if I need to spend a few hours every 2-3 weeks troubleshooting/trying custom ROMs/updating magisk modules because bank/upi app is updated etc?

Also what's the point of 3rd party apps if they can't be used to add/restore features missing in manufacturer/stock rom. As for bloat,as long as there is enough free ram & storage left then who cares. This is why I am interested in knowing if ColorOS+3rd party apps can improve it to the level of MiOS or better,of course if it comes at the cost of ram/storage shortage then it is pointless.
I left rooting because of these. I'm happy with Samsung's UI & I don't think I'll jump to a different manufacturer mainly due to increasing phone size. I don't think I'll leave my S8 anytime soon though as new phones have nothing major to offer over my S8. The yearly upgrades are not much these days.

So no difference then with using stock os detailed battery stats?

@anupam_pb @SaiyanGoku colorOS+nova launcher+battery stats app+parallel space+...=MiOS or better/worst(considering ram/battery usage) ?
IDK for sure, maybe worse since more apps are running in the background to add missing features. I do use Nova on my S8, but that's about it as far as customizations go. Realme lacks stuff like system-wide dark mode which I don't think you can add w/o rooting.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
ColorOS is much better than MIUI in terms of speed and UI experience.

And I don't think they will just revamp the ColorOS into RealMeOS to make it FlopOS :D

ColorOS is much better than MIUI in terms of speed and UI experience.

And I don't think they will just revamp the ColorOS into RealMeOS to make it FlopOS :D
Considering the statement here, I think the chances are pretty high it would just be a reskin with some added features like dark mode, which will be in newer ColorOS as well:
Interview: Realme's Madhav Sheth talks Snapdragon 855, Realme XT and Realme OS

So it's not going to be something like OxygenOS which is closer to stock Android?
Between stock Android and ColorOS or any OS, which I'd say is a custom ROM or custom OS, stock Android is not a really good OS because it's not a stable OS.

If you just bring the stock Android and give it to the users, it's not a stable OS. You need to give them a platform and constant updates to make sure they are working and you've to make it stable. It's just a raw version and you have to make it stable.

What's the use of having stock Android with a very good chipset when you cannot bring the best out of that chipset? The chipset with a better OS can bring AI capabilities, camera capabilities, OS capabilities. You can make the day-to-day operations much better.

There are battery enhancements as well. There are lots of things that you can do with the AI capabilities of the chipset through the OS, so what's the use of having Snapdragon 855 chipset with stock Android? It's like I'm giving you a McLaren but not the road to drive it on. It's all about being able to utilize it.

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Interview: Realme's Madhav Sheth talks Snapdragon 855, Realme XT and Realme OS
If you just bring the stock Android and give it to the users, it's not a stable OS. You need to give them a platform and constant updates to make sure they are working and you've to make it stable. It's just a raw version and you have to make it stable.
It is stable. That's why it is called a stable release. Beta builds are specifically marked as beta. For it to work properly on a device, they need to add proper libraries and kernel so that OS can access the hardware. That doesn't means they need to add non removable bloat and crap all over the UI.

It is stable. That's why it is called a stable release. Beta builds are specifically marked as beta. For it to work properly on a device, they need to add proper libraries and kernel so that OS can access the hardware. That doesn't means they need to add non removable bloat and crap all over the UI.
We know stable stock android is indeed stable, even though lacking features. I don't like stock for its lack fo features & shitty gesture system (in current Pixels, looks like its changing for better or worse), still I'd rate it higher than not so good ROMs like ones used by Oppo, Vivo & other small companies. Good to see Asus & Lenovo moving to stock based ROM.

But that statement is enough to rule out Oxygen OS like OS from Realme, which is sad. I hope Asus & Lenovo launches good models in India in the future.

Top Bottom