I am the master of my Fate.
This is Insane :shock:

realme XT Specs - realme (India)

Starting @16k for 4GB/64GB @17k - 6GB/64GB @19k - 8GB/128GB

Which is worth buying ?

or XT Pro would be worth waiting ?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Better to spend some more for a Poco F1/ Redmi K20 and flash a custom rom on it. Realme's UI is same crap as Oppo's or Vivo's UI.

OP
Zangetsu

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Better to spend some more for a Poco F1/ Redmi K20 and flash a custom rom on it. Realme's UI is same crap as Oppo's or Vivo's UI.
Dude... you are getting it wrong.

My bro is using Real Me1 and still gets regular updates on it, though a quite behind after Nokia on updates but still its a good UI.
Never ever he complained about any lag or freeze. and got the latest Pie updates few days back.

PoCo F1 is old now. Redmi K20 is an excellent phone but the MIUI is much worse than the Color OS.
Once the RealMe OS is launched, it will be rolled out to this device also :)

OS can be flashed to some custom ROM, which I will do after some days (if I get bored of the stock OS)

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Never ever he complained about any lag or freeze. and got the latest Pie updates few days back.
It isn't about the fluidity. It is about the added bloat, unnecessary imitation of iOS and removed features like detailed battery stats,

OS can be flashed to some custom ROM, which I will do after some days (if I get bored of the stock OS)
I'm not sure devs even make roms for realme phones.

kaz

right here
It isn't about the fluidity. It is about the added bloat, unnecessary imitation of iOS and removed features like detailed battery stats,

I'm not sure devs even make roms for realme phones.
Even OxygenOS has removed detailed battery stats :facepalm: I'm using GSam Battery Monitor app.

One UI FTW ;)
When I last used Oppo, Vivo & Xiaomi phones, even I felt MIUI is better. I feel many reviewers just avoid talking about UI much. If they praise something, then it's good, usually Oxygen or stock-based ROM.

This guy blasted on Color OS, more towards being too harsh:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Btw just curious,does having detailed battery stats help.I mean is it something like people use it to identify which system process/app is consuming more battery after an OTA/firmware update & then decide on whether to continue with the update or rollback to previous version.

Wait for RealMe OS ;)
Some executive from Realme was speaking against stock android. So I'm guessing Realme OS is just a rename PR strategy. They might just reskin the Color OS to make it look a bit different. They have a good opportunity to develop something like Oxygen OS, but likely they won't.
Even I don't like stock android due to its lack of features & customizations, but I really liked Oxygen OS last I used it.

Btw just curious,does having detailed battery stats help.I mean is it something like people use it to identify which system process/app is consuming more battery after an OTA/firmware update & then decide on whether to continue with the update or rollback to previous version.
Not sure how many opt for rollback, but it helps to see which app is using power & even your usage of phone.

kaz

right here
All that info is present in OxygenOS, but they have removed the graph which shows the network strength, wife/gps/camera wakelocks.

It used to be like this:
*forums-images.oneplus.net/attachments/441/441329-0c6cd23673a58b414dafa5b699a99842.png

Now it is like this:
*forums-images.oneplus.net/attachments/465/465478-2b911faf2c2c0b162a34fec9afed9c78.jpg
Tapping on the graph doesn't show detailed stats

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
All that info is present in OxygenOS, but they have removed the graph which shows the network strength, wife/gps/camera wakelocks.

It used to be like this:
*forums-images.oneplus.net/attachments/441/441329-0c6cd23673a58b414dafa5b699a99842.png

Now it is like this:
*forums-images.oneplus.net/attachments/465/465478-2b911faf2c2c0b162a34fec9afed9c78.jpg
Tapping on the graph doesn't show detailed stats
Tap on 3 dots menu to see if it has "Show full device usage".

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it not possible to use 3rd party apps for such info if stock OS is missing it(I mean do manufacturers just remove this feature but capability is still there or do they completely disable this feature at OS/kernel level so even 3rd party apps can't display detailed battery stats)?

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
They have a good opportunity to develop something like Oxygen OS, but likely they won't.
Even I don't like stock android due to its lack of features & customizations, but I really liked Oxygen OS last I used it.
Yes, I agree with your point. While added features and customization are always welcome, most OEMs use crap skins and make the UI bloated instead.
They will just rehash ColorOS and call it Realme UI.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, I agree with your point. While added features and customization are always welcome, most OEMs use crap skins and make the UI bloated instead.
They will just rehash ColorOS and call it Realme UI.
MiOS has "parallel space" feature(similar to pc virtual machine) where one can install 2 instances of same app on same phone each using different account,any similar way to achieve it on custom OS/other OS.

Top Bottom