Real Player 11 beta for Windows Vista out now

Status
Not open for further replies.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Just came accross the internet

Real player used to be a good media player in old ages before they bloated Real Player 10 with crapware. Now real is trying to get back in bussiness on Windows Platform with there latest beta version of Real Player which so far looks WPFied. The look & feel remind me of Windows Media player 11 for Windows Vista with glass all over.

Real player, without the bloat has a few benifits over WMP.

1) It playes Windows Media, Real Media & other directshow based codec's right there in Real Player, along with Quicktime. Thats right, you don't need to use Quicktime to play Quicktime files. Just install QT & associate the files with Real Player, no matter what, Real Player software is better then QT Player atleast :D on Windows.

2) The audio streaming engine real player uses is very very good even on low bandwidth internet connection.

3) The RMVB Video format is quite decent but not the best. Still good enough to archive files which you won't stretch much while playing.

4) The main feature of RealPlayer 11 is it has a video downloader for embeded flash videos (flv) like YouTube, and I think it also allows downloading of other media formats such as the Windows Media (wma, wmv) and QuickTime formats. This downloader feature For the time being, “Web Download and Recording” is only supported on Firefox and Internet Explorer.

*farm2.static.flickr.com/1053/542167170_c42f16ba2f_o.jpg

eddie

El mooooo
OMFG!!! Is it just me or does that thing look fugly *us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/31.gif

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I find it uberkewl, compared to RP10 interface which is crap, worse than the crap it comes with. I especially use RP coz of its comprehensive ID3 tagging ability though.

What about look on poor old XP ? Is it black too?

OP
gxsaurav

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Yup, same look in XP. Just not hardware accelerated. Looks like 3rd party developers have already started leveraging the power of WPF. Can't wait for WPF ACDsee.

A Simple screen in my computer, it will be available publically by this months end. Right now it is available by other means.

*img143.imageshack.us/img143/4666/realplayer11ni8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom