Reactivating apps after reinstall windows 10

srdigit16

In the zone
The link Start fresh with a clean installation of Windows 10 says 'By using the tool, you may lose your digital licences, digital content associated with applications or other digital entitlements for applications, which may affect your ability to use apps or app-related content that you paid for. For this reason, we don’t recommend using this tool on any PC where you wish to ensure that all of your applications and application-related content (including Microsoft applications such as Office) remain properly installed and licensed'

What does this exactly mean? Is this also applicable for Resetting windows with remove everything?

Last edited:

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
it will remove all programs / applications you have installed on windows.
only those Apps will remain there that come with windows as standard like notepad, paint etc.
it will remove any digital content you have purchased and its licence.
if you want, you may keep files you have created using any app - e.g. a word document or downloaded like any mp3 file etc.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
it will remove all programs / applications you have installed on windows.
only those Apps will remain there that come with windows as standard like notepad, paint etc.
it will remove any digital content you have purchased and its licence.
if you want, you may keep files you have created using any app - e.g. a word document or downloaded like any mp3 file etc.
If we have the key we can reactivate it right? Does this vary from app to app?

Is installing windows from installation media equivalent to reset with Remove Everything?

Sent from my Redmi Note 9 Pro using Tapatalk

Last edited:

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
If we have the key we can reactivate it right? Does this vary from app to app?

Is installing windows from installation media equivalent to reset option without keep files?

we can reactivate all the programs which we have purchased and have some serial or activation key.
that depends upon option chosen - upgrade or clean install.
What is your issue?

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
we can reactivate all the programs which we have purchased and have some serial or activation key.
that depends upon option chosen - upgrade or clean install.
What is your issue?
Recently had frequent bsod with different stop codes. Yesterday it didn't boot & show error message boot device not found. After sometime it booted. I scheduled a chkdsk & it was running (not sure it completed as I didn't keep my eye) but rebooted again & showed message like Your pc was not started properly. I selected restart option & it booted but some shortcuts were missing & some programs didn't start. I tried resetting with keep my files after reboot it showed message diagnosing your pc & after boot the shortcuts are restored & the programs are opening like before & so far didn't show bsod but slow like at was before bsod (just like os usually become slow after 2 years)

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
well if i had to, i would go for a clean install. taking backup is no issue as i don't have any file on SSD except OS and few other apps.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
well if i had to, i would go for a clean install. taking backup is no issue as i don't have any file on SSD except OS and few other apps.
What is the difference between clean install from USB & Reset with Remove everything? What additional problems can be solved by these methods compared to Reset with Keep my files?

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
What is the difference between clean install from USB & Reset with Remove everything? What additional problems can be solved by these methods compared to Reset with Keep my files?
no idea as i always go for a clean install as i find it better to remove everything by formatting and then install everything from scratch instead of any gimmick like reset.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Currently I have preinstalled activated copy of Windows 10 Home Edition. After clean install on SSD will it able to get activated Windows 10? This is needed because in not activated copy many options in personalize menu are disabled.

afaik unless motherboard is changed, windows 10 gets activated on its own when online; if it was properly activated before. you can change storage devices and it will be activated. this may not include any additional apps you have installed afterwards.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
afaik unless motherboard is changed, windows 10 gets activated on its own when online; if it was properly activated before. you can change storage devices and it will be activated. this may not include any additional apps you have installed afterwards.
Does MS Office also follow same method?

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone
no sir. this is slightly different. see this.
*www.isumsoft.com/office/backup-restore-office-2016-activation.html
Seems the software to find key is paid one (free version don't show full key) & we have to pay extra for the software we already paid to reinstall it.

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Seems the software to find key is paid one (free version don't show full key) & we have to pay extra for the software we already paid to reinstall it.

which software? you just need to copy activation files and later restore those files.

OP
S

srdigit16

In the zone

Attachments

• 2021-10-14_203841.png
    2021-10-14_203841.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 132

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
@soorajdigit you dont need that bs software, if you had purchased office officially from ms, u must have got a package with serial number or a email containg it. Just use that too re activate. If it is tied to your account, even better just login if 2016 or later. You might need to get it reinstalled if you activated by -ahem- methods.

Top Bottom