re writable CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
can anyone suggest some gud quality rewritable CDs .....

everyone mite suggest sony,moser baer etc. but i wanna know with which CD one can write max. no. times.

i wud like to know how many times one can write and erase in a rewritable CD .....

chances of data loss??

-----------------------------------------------------------

what do u mean by over-burning a CD??

thanks

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
There is no definite way of telling which CD one can write to the max no. of times. It all depends on how well you handle and store your CD's. But Moser Baer's will probably last longer than most brands.

In my personal experience, even after treating the CD-RW's very well, they can't be written to more than 50 times.

Overburning means adding more data to a CD than its rated capacity. You can add a couple of MB to a CD over its capacity of 700 MB. This is not recommended as some drives might not be able to read an overburnt CD.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
yes varun is right.. id suggest u to try KODAK GOLD also.. its pretty gud.. but moser baer is da best as far as i know.. also there cant be any assurance that u can write it these many times.. depends on ur usage.

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
Well, about rewritables . its all abt maintaining them .. if U can maintain them properly scratchless .. it would end up giving ya .... numerous re-writings! so I would suggest U to get neone out of the list which U must be knowing! very well ... Samsung! Moser Baer! Sony! or watever ..

Just maintain it from getting wear & tear .. & tht will do ..
Samsung! provides some high speed re-writables so U can enjoy them too! ..

gud luck!

krish

Journeyman
I got a local brand RW CD when the branded RW's were very expensive (not recomended in this post's case). It was Rs 12/-!! and another was Rs 25/-. the Rs 12 one lasted 15-16 times and the other one is still going on after 25-30 re-writes

AMITAGARWAL02

In the zone
In my personal experience, even after treating the CD-RW's very well, they can't be written to more than 50 times.

u mean full 700 mb written 50 times
or i somwtimes wrote 10 mb and then erase and then put 5 to 10 mb

so will it count or till full space is written that will be count

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
AMITAGARWAL02 said:

u mean full 700 mb written 50 times
or i somwtimes wrote 10 mb and then erase and then put 5 to 10 mb

so will it count or till full space is written that will be count

Dosen't matter how much data you write. The data is always written from the inside to the outside. So even if the amount of data written is very less only the outer portion of the disc will be spared. So whether you write 10 MB or 700 MB, it won't make any difference.

vysakh

Padawan
different people have different experiences and thus differnt opinions.
To me hp is the best. Then comes moserbaer.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
yeah HP's CDs are good but they r difficult to find. i only find them in HP-COMPAQ showrooms or at District Centre in Janak Puri

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
i have Melody CDRW (Rs40, 16 monthz back)
working perfectly
i just made sure to keep it safe, dirt free, scratch free, proper handling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom