Re partitioning help for laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
Now a days new laptops are coming with the os loaded in it. They generally allocate most of the drive space to c drive and some space for the recovery partition. In Dell laptops they provide you with windows setup disc so that you can re install the os and allocate space as required by you. But sony laptops neither come with setup disc nor with driver discs. So basically we are stuck up with most of our drive space allocated to c drive (which for people like me is pretty in convenient ). I wanted to know how to re allocate the hdd space without installing the os again and secondly where do we download all the drivers from if no driver disc is provided ? The model in question is sony vaio cw 26fg. Its the new i5 processor version.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
if you get the laptop with windows 7 on it, this is pretty easy as windows 7's partition management tool let you shrink or expand partitions without any loss to data.

OP
codename_romeo

codename_romeo

Romeo + Lucifer = ME
hmmm...... will try and let you know. can anyone tell me one more thing. If I manage to do a fresh install is there any specific order in which I should install the drivers ? Or I can install the drivers as I wish to ?

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

And yeah one last thing....... If I create recovery discs using sony recovery centre and then delete the recovery partition , are the discs still usefull ? I mean will those discs still restore the laptop to the original factory settings ? Or the recovery partition is needed for this ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom