RD RAM help

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
i am one those few unlucky people to have rd ram (yes u read it right !!).
Now my prob is that i only have 256mb of ram running at 800mhz. I wanna know what would be cheaper :-
1) Getting more rd-ram (i want 1gb) which costs around rs 10,000 (i live in new delhi and checked the price at nehru place).
OR
2) Get a new motherboard (plz suggest) with ddr ram support (1 gb ddr ram is so damn cheap in front of rd- ram).

Am not planning on a major system update and can spend only around rs 10,000 on either options ... plz help me decide.

BTW rest of my config is as follows:-
p4 2.0ghz
intel 850mv motherboard

Plz tell me if u need any more info to give me a good suggestion..

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
RD Ram is not worth it.. Demand is sooo low, it will probably die.. If you get a new M/B, you'l be getting new features with it too! I suggest you go for the new M/B..

OP
hemant_mathur

hemant_mathur

-- No Easter Eggs here --
hey thanx for suggestion ..can u also suggest me on what should i change as i only have 10K budget right now.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hmm.. Im not exactly an Intel fan, so let other people tell you about the motherboard.. As for RAM, you can get a Kingston Module (1 GB DDR400) for around 4k.. The motherboard should not be more than 6-7k..

drvarunmehta

Wise Old Owl
Youe proccy (socket 423) won't work with newer mobo's, so you'll have to change that as well. If you have to change mobo, proccy and RAM, might as well go for a new AMD rig. Best you can do in your budget is:

Athlon64 3000+ Rs. 5500
Asus A8N-VM Rs. 3500
512 MB DDR RAM Rs. 1800

Total Rs. 10800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom