random display errors while cold start.

trs2099

Broken In
Hi,

i have i5 system with 120gb ssd and 1 tb hdd corsair cx500 smps and gtx 960 2gb graphics card . some times when i start my system my pc boots but display is not started only when i reset the system the display runs. no loose wires and problem doesnt come frequently.

can some one pinpoint the cause ex faulty graphics card or faulty smps or etc.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your pc boots but does it goes into the OS. Can you tell by seeing at the HDD indicator lights of the cabby. If it does not goes into OS loading then try remounting the ram modules first. If you are using two use only one on both slots for testing purpose. Repeat the same for the other ram module too. To test if the ram modules are ok run memtest86+.

NeedToKnow

Journeyman
i think u are facing the problem closely resembling the one in this post *www.digit.in/forum/hardware-q/194418-weird-problem-my-desktop-3.html#post2259005 .. are u using a gigabyte mb ?

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=80840]trs2099[/MENTION],

As per topgear update, I agree with him. It could be some more possible reason for the issue like Hardware faulty, compatibility, SATA cable issue and BIOS settings.

I’d like to check with you, did you make any current changes in PC? How offend error occurs? Could you give me some more details about that? For the meantime, I suggest you some basic troubleshooting steps that may help you to solve the issue.

Option 1:

Check the power management in Windows or the BIOS menu as well to see what all options are on and which ones are off.

Option 2:

Update the Motherboard drivers.

In the meantime, do you have any kind of temperature monitoring program installed? If yes, then would you mind sharing with us the temperature for the components that you can monitor?

Hope it helps.

Top Bottom