RAM Upgrade Query

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
install cpu-z and look at memory tab to know about cas latency and speed in MHz.
post a screenshot of the same. how many ram slots do you have? you can have more than 1 ram each having different capacities. that wont create any problem. but make sure you do not mix up different latencies which might(likely) create problem.
provide your full system configuration so that we can suggest you an appropriate memory stick.

OP
D

Dheerendra Binwal

Broken In
install cpu-z and look at memory tab to know about cas latency and speed in MHz.
post a screenshot of the same. how many ram slots do you have? you can have more than 1 ram each having different capacities. that wont create any problem. but make sure you do not mix up different latencies which might(likely) create problem.
provide your full system configuration so that we can suggest you an appropriate memory stick.

Available Memory Slots - 2
Empty Memory Slot- 1

My system Configuration :-
Intel i3 4010U
2GB DDR3L RAM
1TB HDD
2GB AMD R5 230M Graphic

CPU-Z Memory.JPG

CPU-Z SPD.JPG

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
his should do :
Amazon.in: Buy Corsair 4GB DDR3L Low Voltage 1.35V 1600Mhz Laptop Memory SODIMM (CMSO4GX3M1C1600C11) Online at Low Prices in India | Corsair Reviews & Ratings

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Available Memory Slots - 2
Empty Memory Slot- 1

Intel i3 4010U
2GB DDR3L RAM
1TB HDD
2GB AMD R5 230M Graphic

View attachment 15526

View attachment 15527

First of all you should have mentioned you had a laptop, in your first post itself.The more details you provide, it is always better. is that a lenovo G 50-70 series one?

from the screenshots, you will be fine with this one
Buy Online Gskill F3-1600C11S-4GRSL Notebook RAM - Memory in India

this one is better - Buy Online Gskill F3-1600C9S-4GRSL Notebook RAM - Memory in India , but latencies are different. I suggest the first one though.

OP
D

Dheerendra Binwal

Broken In
his should do :
Amazon.in: Buy Corsair 4GB DDR3L Low Voltage 1.35V 1600Mhz Laptop Memory SODIMM (CMSO4GX3M1C1600C11) Online at Low Prices in India | Corsair Reviews & Ratings

Thank you for help bro. This ones specification are same as my previous one. :)

- - - Updated - - -

First of all you should have mentioned you had a laptop, in your first post itself.The more details you provide, it is always better. is that a lenovo G 50-70 series one?

from the screenshots, you will be fine with this one
Buy Online Gskill F3-1600C11S-4GRSL Notebook RAM - Memory in India

this one is better - Buy Online Gskill F3-1600C9S-4GRSL Notebook RAM - Memory in India , but latencies are different. I suggest the first one though.

Thank you for help. yeah the first one matches with my RAM in laptop. I will choose between G Skill and Corsair.
And yeah i should have Write my laptop name in post itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey one more question. I can use 2GB in one slot and 4GB in another slot?

Intel i3 4010U
2GB DDR3L RAM
1TB HDD
2GB AMD R5 230M Graphic

Top Bottom