RAM suggestion

vindance1

Journeyman
Hi Friends

I have this MB "Gigabyte GA-H81M-S LGA 1150 Ultra Durable Motherboard" and
this RAM "Kingston Hyper X Blue 1600 mhz 4GB * 1"

I have to upgrade RAM (DDR3 1600) in my system by adding 1 more 8 GB stick. I use windows 10. Please suggest. I have to purchase online.

If I get 8 GB x 2 cheap then I can discard the existing 4 GB stick that I have and use the new ones.

Thank you.

Last edited:

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Buy two of these & if they work fine then sell your current ram on olx etc.
*www.amazon.in/Hynix-PC3-12800-DDR3-1600MHz-desktop-HMT451U6AFR8C-PB/dp/B00L8FAPEC/

I won't suggest spending money on such an old system, better save & build a new system altogether.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Buy two of these & if they work fine then sell your current ram on olx etc.
*www.amazon.in/Hynix-PC3-12800-DDR3-1600MHz-desktop-HMT451U6AFR8C-PB/dp/B00L8FAPEC/

I won't suggest spending money on such an old system, better save & build a new system altogether.
Hi thanks for the reply. Actually my min requirement is 12 GB. So please suggest 8 gb sticks.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi thanks for the reply. Actually my min requirement is 12 GB. So please suggest 8 gb sticks.
*www.amazon.in/HyperX-1866MHz-Deskt...ds=ddr3+8gb&qid=1591530764&s=computers&sr=1-1

Don't spend more & just the the above 8gb ram. I don't know for what purpose you need 12gb ram on such an old system but a new system should be able to do the same task much faster even with less ram.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
*www.amazon.in/HyperX-1866MHz-Deskt...ds=ddr3+8gb&qid=1591530764&s=computers&sr=1-1

Don't spend more & just the the above 8gb ram. I don't know for what purpose you need 12gb ram on such an old system but a new system should be able to do the same task much faster even with less ram.
Hi. The item you have mentioned is 1866 mhz. My MB specification shows 1600 mhz as the supported one. Will the one you have suggested work?

Actually I run a business intelligence tool which consumes a lot of memory. All the remaining components of my old system are ok. So planning to use the same...

Thank you for your advice and patience.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi. The item you have mentioned is 1866 mhz. My MB specification shows 1600 mhz as the supported one. Will the one you have suggested work?

Actually I run a business intelligence tool which consumes a lot of memory. All the remaining components of my old system are ok. So planning to use the same...

It should work at lower rate of 1600MHz as ram have more chances of running at lower than their stated frequency compared to running at higher than their stated frequencies(aka ram overclocking). Since your already existing ram is also of similar brand so even more chances & in the worst case scenario there is always 10 days replacement/refund policy but make sure to buy only from seller A1price A1products.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
It should work at lower rate of 1600MHz as ram have more chances of running at lower than their stated frequency compared to running at higher than their stated frequencies(aka ram overclocking). Since your already existing ram is also of similar brand so even more chances & in the worst case scenario there is always 10 days replacement/refund policy but make sure to buy only from seller A1price A1products.
Thank you so much. I will give it a try.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member

Like whitestar said, it will run completely fine.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman

Hi Guys. Now I understand that it is futile to spend money on old system. So maybe I should get a new one. I will post separate thread for it with questionnaire. Just help me with 1 thing. Can I use below existing components with new MB+CPU+RAM:

PSU: Corsair Rmx 750
Antec X1 cabinet
WD Green 1 TB
Crucial MX500 500GB SATA 6.0Gb/s 2.5-inch 7mm Internal SSD

Thank you.

mitraark

Decrepit
Hi Guys. Now I understand that it is futile to spend money on old system. So maybe I should get a new one. I will post separate thread for it with questionnaire. Just help me with 1 thing. Can I use below existing components with new MB+CPU+RAM:

Antec X1 cabinet
WD Green 1 TB

Thank you.
Yes you can. The PSU is a massive overkill though. I hope you have an upgrade plan ready for utilising that PSU.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Hi friends,

Created a new post for MB+CPU+RAM at 20k. If you can suggest something request you to please do so.

Thank you.

Antec X1 cabinet
WD Green 1 TB

Thank you.
Yes, all of them can be used.

OP
V

vindance1

Journeyman
Hi guys I got "HyperX Fury 8GB DDR3 1866MHz CL10 DIMM Desktop Memory (HX318C10F/8)"
This is working fine with my existing RAM of 4 GB.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

Top Bottom