RAM problem . please suggest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Journeyman
I have some problem in my ram . my pc is 1.5 yrs old and it has got DDR 1ram . so I called my pc vendor . they came and saw the problem and said the ram is got problem . Now they told me ' RAM CANNOT BE CURED . IT IS JUST USE AND THROW . SO YOU HAVE TO CHANGE IT '. now the problem is they again said > u better change the system like CPU , mobo , ram because now ddr1 is unavailable . so you need to chage the system . buy from us so we will give u some consession .

now what should I do? why ram cannot be cured ?

nach p

Journeyman
ki$k on his a$$.

Mostly rams like Transcend has 3yrs warranty & kingston has 5yrs warrenty.
Btw make sure wid some one else tht ram is the prob.
If its checkout its warrenty.
If within warrenty u will get replacement.

If without warrenty den u have 2 buy new one.
And der is no big deal in getting ddr1 ram.

go4saket

DDR1 RAM is available in the market... Check you RAM with Memory checking utilities like Memtest86 to see if your RAM is actually bad or not. Never trust these hardware dealers. They are always in a see to f__k someones a_s

OP

Journeyman
but I want to ask you ppl that if a RAM becomes faulty then why we cannot make it bring around?

anand1

In the zone
We cannot repair it because the technology today is of large integration on a single chip and find the fault and then to repair it takes lot of cost. So one prefers more to buy new then to repair it. More over u will rarely find people having the Cip level knowledge to repair any of the borads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom