RAM Module Does Not Fit Laptop

aaruni

The Linux Guy
I have HP-Pavillion-G6 2303-tx. I am upgrading the RAM in it, but only one of the slot seems to accept the module. I cannot get the module inserted inside the second slot. I have tried to reverse the seating of my two modules, but neither of them fit in the second slot. They fit in the first slot just fine.

What might be the problem here? I think that this may be a construction fault, and that there isn't enough space for the module in the second slot.

The laptop is still under warranty, for another month or so. Should I get it to an authorized service center ? Will they charge me anything, seeing that this can be considered to be a manufacturing defect, and I still have warranty.

Will this place do ?

Maha Electronics Pvt Ltd
# 854-A, 10th MAIN ,100 FT Road,
INDIRANAGAR, HAL 2nd STAGE
WATER TANK ROAD
Bangalore 560038
Karnataka

Contact Nos. 080-49380555 /49380512 / 080-25200188 / 080-25200203 / 8105886996
Service level: Carry-in & Onsite

Please reply ASAP. This is urgent.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Post a zoomed pic of the two slots. We will measure it and will find out if the slots are really of different widths.

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
Don't have good enough camera, or photography skills.

But please, don't troll / post OT in this thread.

$hadow

Geek in making
Did you tried putting it in second module first and then in the first module.
Put it on 2nd module than lock it and then try the same on first module. Had a similar problem with my sister g4.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Laptop RAMs are not installed perpendicularly like desktop RAMs are, you need to match the holes in the slot and the ram and push it at a 30 degree angle and push it inside again..Most likely you know this already..
Id recommend putting the new RAM in the old slot like Shadow said.. If that doesnt work, then ask for a replacement
PS : I hope you bought the correct RAM for your laptop

OP
aaruni

aaruni

The Linux Guy
The same original RAM module, which was already there refuses to fit into the other slot. I have earlier experience about installing RAM into laptops, so I don't think technique is an issue.

I tried new ram in old slot, new ram in rotation, old ram in unused slot. In all cases, the lower slot works, and the upper slot refuses to accept the RAM module.

Top Bottom