posumu

Right off the assembly line
my computer config

mother board : DG33FB

processor : Core 2 Duo

RAM : 2 x 2GB

RAM SLOTS : 2BLUE and 2 BLACK

recently i bought 4 x 2Gb
transcend JM667QLU-2G ram modules when i tried to install the same ie all the four modules to gether 8GB in total my computer does not even boot the bios does not load neither any beep sounds
when i remove 2 modules ie 4GB every thing is normal
what could be the problem pl help me

Myth

Cyborg Agent
RAM : 2 x 2GB
recently i bought 4 x 2Gb

So its 12gb in total ?
You system support 8 gb in total.

Insert the ram modules individually in a slot known to be working correctly one at a time. This is to check all the modules are working correctly.
Use one of the older working modules, in all slots to confirm all the slots are working.

Post the results.

Cilus

laborare est orare
The Intel DG33FB support 667 MHz Rams with latency 5-5-5 (tCL-tRCD-tRP) whereas the Transcend JM667QLU-2G has a default Latency of 3-4-5. Boot the system with one Ram plugged in, go to the BIOS and then Memory Timing setting. Set the latency manually to 5-5-5, save the BIOS and restart it. If you are able to go into OS then shut down the PC and install the rest of the three modules. Now try to Boot the system.

OP
P

posumu

Right off the assembly line
sorry for rplyng so late
i tried every possible combination and also the above mentioned latency the moment a third ram module is plugged the machine goes silent
by any chance this has got to do something with 8 dble and 16 single dided DIMM?

Cilus

laborare est orare
The Ram slots might be damaged. Could you try to install one of the existing Ram Modules to the third socket and check if system is booting or not?

Try the following:

> Check the ram which is not working in your pc, in somo other pc.
> Check a working ram from other pc, in your pc.

This will clarify if the RAM is broken or is it the ram slot.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Install one module at a time in all 4 slos, then install 1 module at a time in one slot.
In this process you can confirm whether there is any problem with module or slots or memory controller, or not.

louisgarcia

Broken In
First of all check all the RAMs individually in same slot. If all RAMs are working properly then in the next step you have to check slots. Randomly select single RAM of all the RAMs you have & then start checking the slots. If all the slots are working properly then install all the RAMs consecutively in individual slots.

If problem still persists then check the configuration & speed of all RAMs. As you know (I think), while installing multiple RAMs make sure that all RAMs are of same speed otherwise PC will take grant of a single RAM (by default) & all other RAMs remain inactive.

Top Bottom