RAM for HP G6 2005AX laptops

1) I dont know how to check CAS Latency Blah Blah etc etc tech stuffs of my Laptop's RAM

2) My budget is Rs3000

3) Will be buying online since local computer shops are cheats!

4) After buying, if i just fix the new RAM to the empty slot will it register? DO i have to do anything extra like BIOS stuff and all?

5) Am using 2012 version of HP G6-2005AX on A8 4500M, with 4GB RAM and extra slot for additional RAM on Win 7 64bit

6) Please recommend me , with a link for buying it online. If possible more options too. And what parameters would i look for when buying the new RAM. What specs, like latency CAS blah blah etc etc

7) Oh, it should be 4 GB

- - - Updated - - -

Please look at this specs----
PRODUCT SUMMARY OF CORSAIR 4 GB DDR3 RAM CMSO4GX3M1A1600C11
204 Memory Pins SO-DIMM Format Capacity 4GB Kit (1x4GB) DDR3 Type Memory Single Module Memory Configuration PC3-12800 (1600MHz) Speed Rating 11-11-11-30 Tested Latency Lifetime WarrantySUPC: SDL375617201

Will this work for me?

I went to Crucial website for their memory scanner and instead of telling me what kinda RAM i have they just recommended me a RAm-

*www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=7D35E3DCA5CA7304

Frankly speaking i dont understand anything out of this. So is the recommended RAM from Crucial kinda same as the Corsair 4Gb i mentioned above?

- - - Updated - - -

Arghhhe Someone say somthing, its in my shopping cart and my Debit card is lying on my table.. Am just one click away from buying it...

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
^^ check the CAS latency and buy the RAM module with same latency and frequency.
To check the latency, download and run CPU-Z and go to memory tab. it will tell you the frequency(multiply it by 2 to get real frequency) and CAS latency.

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
s^ Can you please post a screen of SPD tab ... your timings are 11-11-12-28. and it's uncommon for Trp to be 12. well i guess you could buy G.Skill DDR3 4 GB Laptop RAM (F3-12800CL11S-4GBSQ) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com
it has got same frequency and same timings

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
well try to find PC12800 1600Mhz Ram with timings 11-11-11-28 in local market, i believe you will be able to find the RAM module cheaper. try to extend budget by 400rs coz there will be much greater performance boost if you use dual channel ram.

OP
mikael_schiffer

mikael_schiffer

Padawan
Local market is out of question as they are very expensive here.
I just ordered the 11-11-11-30 module, although the factory shipped RAM is 11-11-11-28.
I hope both get adjusted to 11-11-11-30 and run in dual channel mode.

Top Bottom