RAM Dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowKnight

Broken In
Hi, I am new here! I need some help on deciding RAM and a friend of mine suggested I try the forums here. I am basically going to assemble a new system soon and I have decided on the following:

Intel Core i5 750
Gigabyte P55M-UD2

I'd like to go with 2x2GB but I am not sure if I should purchase 1333 MHz CL7, 1600 MHz CL9 or 1600 MHz CL7 (is that even available here??)

Is the clock speed more important or the timings? Also with the configuration I mentioned above, I heard I cannot use a 1600 MHz stick at that speed. Is that true? I don't want to overclock the RAM or the processor. Please advice. Also I'd like to get prices for the RAMs I mentioned. If I get an idea of the prices, hopefully that should also help me in making the decision.

OP
S

ShadowKnight

Broken In
^^
Which company RAMs..?

I am open to any big players like G.SKILL, Corsair, Transcend, Kingston. From what I am reading, it seems Corsair is the most popular manufacturer and gives better performance but is a bit more expensive. Do correct me if you feel I am wrong. My primary concern is the type of RAM itself, manufacturer is a secondary concern :)

Thanks.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
You will not see a world of difference between 1333 and 1600. Get the cheaper one. Corsair is nice. Get the 1333 with the tightest timings.

OP
S

ShadowKnight

Broken In
So basically you think I should purchase a Corsair 1333 MHz with the tightest timings? What kind of price difference do you think I'll see in a Corsair 1333 MHz CL7 and a 1600 CL7? If it's like 500 Rs. or something then I guess I'll go with the 1600 version.

Also Corsair was what I had in mind and that's what I am going to finalize. Can you recommend a Corsair brand? I heard the XMS series is good.

Thank you Asigh for your time.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
XMS series are good. Not really sure about price differences. To get a decent ballpark figures, just browse the below sites.

primeabgb.
lynx-india
theitwarez

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom