Ram Ddr400 Bios Shows 200mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ASH_DSG

Hi friends,
I have a Cel. 2.8 ghz. and Asus P5RD1vm mobo and dynet ddr 400 pc3200 256mb ram. M y bios shows ram bandwidth is 200 mhz. Whats this means my ram is ddr400 so it should show 400 mhz. but it only shows 200mhz. please help me what is this is it right or wrong. Reply soon ok bye.

OP
G

gxsaurav

it's all right, it's 200 MHz DDR that means it works at 400 MHz, twice of the real internal clock speed of the RAM

Aniruddh

Ambassador of Buzz
Ur Ram Is In Dual Channel Mode Thats Why...so Ur Ram Is Perfectly All Rite And Its 400mhz Ram.

Sourabh

Laptoping
DDR - Double Data Rate. Simply put, DDR SDRAM are meant to run at twice the speed of the old SDRAM's. DDR SDRAM typical work at DDR speeds of 266MHz, 333MHz, and 400MHz (actual speeds are 133, 166 and 200 resp.) Dual Channel mode and DDR are separate things.

OP
A

ASH_DSG

Thanks guys
But I've a question my ram is single side ddr400 I use cpuz and pcwizard and everest all doesnot shows the memory frequency or about its spd setting but on my old mobo tul a350mlsv they all shows its frequency and spd setting wht could be the problem the ram is same only mobo changes and my bios also has manual seeting for memory frewuency which can go from 100 to 300 (default 200) and cpu frequency from 100 to 400 I've OC my cel. cpu(2.8ghz. to 3.5ghz.) and it worked well but when I increase memory setting from 200 to 230 the computer doesnot start and return to its previous state or if starts the windows on loading time hangs the computer is it ok. Reply soon.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
shyamno said:
what is dual channel mode and DDR ???

When you run 2 sticks in Dual channel it speed is doubled and you get better performance...

DDR is a type of memory....actually it DDR SD ram....which means its actually 200MHz but affective clock is DDR (Double DATA RATE) i.e 200X2=400MHz..

gsoul2soul

WOW... are you?
Mine says :

Memory Type DDR
Channel Dual
Memory Size 1024 MBytes
Memory Frequency 199.7 MHz (1:1)

So is it also 400 MHz? i mean working in 400 MHz ?

Also in CPU... is there a diff betn "FSB = 800 MHz" and "Bus Speed = 200 Mhz"

PS: by the way... before upgrading to 2*512 RAM (400 DDR)... i had only one stick!! at that time my computer used to lag suddenly... and freeze... get sluggish !!!

But after population both the slots, it's not !!! any RELATION here?

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Memory Type DDR
Channel Dual
Memory Size 1024 MBytes
Memory Frequency 199.7 MHz (1:1)

So is it also 400 MHz? i mean working in 400 MHz ?

Yea...it 200MHz i.e 400MHz....

Also in CPU... is there a diff betn "FSB = 800 MHz" and "Bus Speed = 200 Mhz"

Buddy....the FSB is the base clock .....the base clock being only 200MHz...other clocks can't be higher...so every clock either has a divider or multiplier....So your processor may run at ...
200*9=1800MHz
200*10=2GHz
200*11=2.2GHz etc etc....

IN your system the FSB:Mem ratio is 1:1 i.e 200MHz:200MHz :)

gsoul2soul

WOW... are you?
So did i do the right thing, in selecting the CPU with 800 Mhz (FSB)
Or should i have opted for same one with 550 MHz (FSB)

Please... do tell, kinda confused !!!

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
Is there any relation between the RAM frequency and FSB of the processor...

Does motherboard have any FSB or something like that...

If yes them how it is related with FSB of the processor......

OP
A

ASH_DSG

Thanks guys,
for helping me can i use another 512mb ram ddr400 with my existing one i've got another memory slotand my mobo support upto 2gb of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom