Racedriver Grid on Windows 7

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
Hi, i am a great fan of game Grid. I use to play it a lot earlier when i was using win xp. Now i have upgraded to win 7 and tried playing the game. But nothing happens. Iam not sure that the game is supported on Win 7. A search on above problem showed some links which suggested replacing a dll file which was reported missing when i tried to start it. But replacing the file didn't help me much. Does anyone has any similar experience and have fixed it?

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
what nothing happens?? please give details about what happens... and what error messages showup..

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
If you have all the redistributables installed, try running it in administrator mode. Also, make sure that OpenAL is installed.

OP
jackal_79

jackal_79

Get Digit ized
At first I was getting DirectX DLL file missing. so I googled a installed the missing file. Now when I start the game, I only get a black screen.
As far as drivers are concerned, iam using a 7750 with latest catalyst drivers. I really liked this game. Anyone has any suggestions?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Instead of just pasting the missing DLL, I would recommend installing the while DX package that came with the game.

Flash

Lost in speed
At first I was getting DirectX DLL file missing. so I googled a installed the missing file. Now when I start the game, I only get a black screen.
As far as drivers are concerned, iam using a 7750 with latest catalyst drivers. I really liked this game. Anyone has any suggestions?
Tried XP compatability?

Flash

Lost in speed
^ Just give it a try. Whatif the game needs that OLD file, as its crucial?
It happens with some games.

Top Bottom