R-Connect On RIM's Prepaid Connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I looked high and low but couldn't find sufficient information about this. I have a few specific queries to make, so I would really appreciate it if you guys can help me out with it.

1. How much does the data cable cost for a RIM LG RD 2340 cost? Is it all that's required to avail internet facility from RIM or do we need any other additional hardware?

2. Where is it available? Are we free to buy it from anywhere or are we supposed to buy it from Reilance Webworld only?

3. How is the service under Freedom@Night Offer?

5. Are the speed any good after 10PM, during the off peak hours? To be maily required for Yahoo Messnger, Camming and Google Talk.

6. What's the view of users from Pune who have been using this scheme?

zero

Broken In
I'm sorry to inform that most probably if I'm not utterly wrong this handset does not support R-connect and if it does then u need not to buy the cable from reliance web world just do some homework in your local market and you'll be able to find it for just above 200 bucks. I do have the cable but I don't own that piece and all this cable can probably do for you is can sync your phonebook to PC. Still try... will surely help if I can

OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Thanks for the reply Zero. The handset description says that this set is one of the Reliance Data Enabled Set. So I think it should be able to browse the internet.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Okie!

Here r the answers:

1. How much does the data cable cost for a RIM LG RD 2340 cost? Is it all that's required to avail internet facility from RIM or do we need any other additional hardware?
U required only data cable to use RConnect and it'll cost 150-200 bucks hardly.

2. Where is it available? Are we free to buy it from anywhere or are we supposed to buy it from Reilance Webworld only?
U can buy it from ne shop, actually cables r very costly in Reliance Webworld and there is not difference in both (Reliance and grey market).

3. How is the service under Freedom@Night Offer?
Its good! U'll get upto 10KBps d/l speed most of the time!

5. Are the speed any good after 10PM, during the off peak hours? To be maily required for Yahoo Messnger, Camming and Google Talk.
Speed doesnt veary too much in peak/off-peak hours! But u can get poor speed at evening sometimes.

6. What's the view of users from Pune who have been using this scheme?
Sorry! I'm not from Pune!

PS: Wonder where is the 4th question? :wink:

Monster_AMD

Broken In
Hey ctrl_alt-del, I am from Pune. I have been using Reliance Freedom @ nite scheme since a month now. And believe me its wonderful. It is much better than Airtel GPRS. I get 10 KBps steady after 10 pm.
Airtel GPRS gives me around 3 KBps only.
I have Samsung 191 which I bought second hand and then i bought the data cable from Hong Kong Lane which costed me rs 250. U can download latest rconnect software from reliance web.
Also the freedom @ night offer is only valid with a postpaid connection. u can e mail me or send me private msg if u wish to know more.

OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@Vishal: Thanks man, that answered all my questions...well, almost all, save for that missing 4th qn :) Now you know I wasn't lying when I said I am very poor in maths! :lol:

@AMD: Thanks for the information. I thought that Freedom@Night offer was valid for prepaid as well. In that case I guess the other offer of 50ps/25ps per minute will have to do. I will PM you as soon as I have any more queries to make regarding this.

Thanks a lot for the help guys! :ThumbsUp:

zero

Broken In
hey Ctrl_alt_del I,ve got a small pdf attachment esp for you but don't know how to attach here. Others having the same phone will also be benefitted. Also I wish to know if you could use r-connect or not?[/img]

OP
ctrl_alt_del

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Zero, you can upload the file at www.rapidshare.de and then post the download link here.

Is the PDF file the one that compares the three LG phones in a tabular form?

I didn't try to use R-Connect as I found out that the LG RD 2340 doesn't support R-Connect. And in any case, the person who was going to use that facility will be moving to a wi-fi campus next month and have access to net anyway, so R-Connect is redundant for me anyway.

Kniwor

Learner
I doubt it\f that handset has R-connect...

The data cable costs arount 50-100 bucks for B&W handsets... actually they charge anything and there is no fixed cost.... but usually they will charge more for coloured....

zero

Broken In
ctrl_alt_del said:
Zero, you can upload the file at www.rapidshare.de and then post the download link here.

Is the PDF file the one that compares the three LG phones in a tabular form?

I didn't try to use R-Connect as I found out that the LG RD 2340 doesn't support R-Connect. And in any case, the person who was going to use that facility will be moving to a wi-fi campus next month and have access to net anyway, so R-Connect is redundant for me anyway.

Ya that's the same PDF so no need to attach the file now

A small tip: if u can find the right person I think this phone can be made to connect to net as basic structure is enabled and data service is disabled. Try to install the modem manually it gives correct modem diagnostics. It just fails when you try to connect and that can be enabled provided in right hands.You can discuss it with some service centre guy if you happen to know him. Else put ur own brains to work little more.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
ok i have n2280 in this connection....wat do i need to do to use internet in my pc...i use gprs airtel but it sux.....so plz help me out

cheers

zero

Broken In
just buy a DKU 5 cable or may be CA-42 and that's all.CA42 I'm not sure but yes DKU5 sure yes.

dinesh_mettur

Journeyman
am in tamilnadu any one tell me the tariff details in R connect especially unlimited plan (tamilnadu-prepaid )???????

tell me plz.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom