Quick look at Budget Laptop / Notebook Acer 4710z

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Bro, its a Budget segment... Go as Low :p type war... :p so even this 1 MB Cache is more than enough for the use for which it is ment :p

@Choto Cheeta ........ WONDERFUL review frd ...........

just awesome ....... detailed & with solutions 2 [regarding OS & drivers] .....

must say u really worked on this ........ bt which 1 is LIGHTER [weight] ? ....

Thnx for the comment... 2 and a half KG :p .... !!!!

Last edited:

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
but on intel's site its written that 945gm chipset cna be upgraded with a graphics card

sabret00the

Youngling
thanks to ur review buddy...I already suggested this notebook to one of my colleagues today...and I'm also considering this one for my girl friend whose desktop has conked off a month back....

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
afaik, none of the acer models haf an option for MXM card (gfx card for mobile computers). its supported by the chipset, but the final authority on it is the manufacturer.

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
@Saurav...great review boss....u rock!! btw, u bought this for yourself?? where do you get sooooo much moolah to invest in hardware anyway??? :D

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting

hmm.. there is another thing i would point... i tested it for 4/5 days in this 5days one problem i faced...

personally i dont own a Lappy so another -ve point I exp over this 5 days that in my desktop I am used to work by looking up to my display where with a Notebook we have to look down towards its display so I cant seat in my usual seatting position. . . which is causing a lot of Neck and back pain :(

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
^^ You are not alone buddy. I also use my laptop for surfing daily 9-10 hours and I'm suffering from a huge neck and back pain. :(

Sometimes it gets unbearable and I hv to take some pain killers. :(

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Vishal Gupta said:
^^ You are not alone buddy. I also use my laptop for surfing daily 9-10 hours and I'm suffering from a huge neck and back pain. :(

Sometimes it gets unbearable and I hv to take some pain killers. :(
+1...:( By the time we guys are 40...we will be using a walking stick i guess :lol:

OP
Choto Cheeta

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Got a Solution for us atleast... the owner of the lap (my frnd) and me seat together and discussed the issue,

we end up with this solution that we bought one ext keyboard and mouse... then when at home i kept the lao at the possition where a desktop monitor would be and placed few old books bellow it... it took the screen at a hight of usual desktop display... and worked on it using the External Keyboard and mouse...

Rs. 700/- for both :p

now its much better :D

gurujee

Can't Talk. In The Zone.
i find core2duo at 40000rs. the only difference between 4710z and 4710n is core2duo and bluetooth. IS the core2duo worth the 5000+price....?

and whats better between 4710z and the new lenovo G series. price is closely same with same config except 80gb 512ram ???

And whats better between dell 1420 and acer 4710n...same price same config, only acer has dolby sound ???

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Core2Duo is the 64bit proc while Pentium Dual Core is more like a rebranded CoreDuo with less cache. And believe me, the cache does make a lot of difference in performance.

arunks

Hey here is the aks
infra_red_dude said:
Core2Duo is the 64bit proc while Pentium Dual Core is more like a rebranded CoreDuo with less cache. And believe me, the cache does make a lot of difference in performance.

and what is difference between a core duo and core 2 duo processor?????????????

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
a different more efficient core, added 64bit support. read more here: *www.shivaranjan.com/2006/08/09/intel-core-2-duo-vs-core-duo/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom