QUESTION's UNANWERED? CAN U...

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I have many questions which r unanwerd so thought if digit members can help me.....
MY config
AMD64 3000+
MSI RS480
512 transcend 400Mhz ram
120 gb Sata Seagate HDD..

1=>Can windows98 be installed on Sata drive? IF yes, how?
2=> Has any one with MSI RS480 mobo connected external modem to it, to which port....means i my PC could not detect my modemwhen connected to port1 so had to buy serial to usb cord to connect.... :cry:
3=>I want to know that does my mobo comes in two form wrt to onboard memory, as i have 64mb onboard video memory but a forum member told that he has 128MB is it possible.... :?:
4=>Which is good 17inch flat screen monitor?Cost?
If i have any more questions will ask in this thread later.. :wink:
If any of the above question have been anwered then please direct me to respective thread :lol:

rohanbee

Padawan
Both samsung and LG have good 17" monitors and i dont think any one of them sell non-flat versions anymore. The price should be around the 5k mark or lesser. Samsung has this magic brite version slightly more expensive but definetly better contrast brightnes and picture quallity

club_pranay

Nokia 7110 to iPhone 5
A1: i dont think so, i also faced problem.

A3: most of the times, for onboard graphics, it's always "shared" ram. some part of the main memory is reserved for graphics accleration. and it depends on the hardware and firmware of your mobo, how much shared memory it can provide to the graphics adapter.

A3: as advised by rohanbee, i have samsung 793s it's quite good. i had a bitter exp with Lg.

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
Win 98 moves in compatability mode and hence even aftetr installation does not gives the performance expected from it. Waiting for a solution to it.

mamba

In the zone
m using rs480 currently . tweak the bios , n set the video memory 2 128mb . have done so . working fine

go 4 lg flatron E700SH . have this 1 . quite gud , ditched samsung 4 it . n the price's not 5k but 7k 4 both the companies

btw , my config seems similar 2 urs except i gotta 160gb sata :D

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
mamba

@mamba u said u have same config, so which bois version u r using? can u tell me if u have tried to install win98. can u answer my other questions?

hittheswitch

Self-Obsession
Monitor

As far as the monitor is concerned you should go for a samsung 17". It has TCO display.I don't really know what it is but screen clarity is really good.
Secondly, After sale experience is really good.Samsung responds to all your queries very politly.

shaunak

Tux Fan
yes
i agree. samsung after sales r the best. also they have a lot of choices and their products r gr8
go here for info on monitors:
*www.samsung.com/in/products/monitors/

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
R THEY SO TOUGH

Hey common members r the questions i asked so difficult that, u cannot answer those? everyone is answering abt th monitor question and still have not solved my other problems..... :cry:

Tech&ME

Banned
OK let me try to answer your questions

Q1 ---> A1. New SATA drives and mobo does not support older versions of Windows due to its un-stable conditions. Intel and others wants to support new motherboards which can handle stable OS only, like for example Windows XP and above. Even Windows 2000 is not supported fully. And u cannot install the RAID drivers in Windows 98 basically because Windows 98 cannot be installed on a Dynamic Disk technology volumes.

Q2 --->A2. Basically this should not happen. The reason you are getting this problem is because you are using an older modem (external). New Modems (external) by D-Link and others are fully supported provided you install the drivers that came with the product. Instead of using Windows drivers for it. This could also happen if you have installed any aditional firewalls program such as Zone Alarm etc, which is blocking the desired ports. Windows XP SP2 also blocks certain ports on your computer by default, if you have Windows XP SP2 on your PC try reconfiguring your ports or opening those ports while dialing.

Q3 --->A3.: No there is nothing to do with your mobo and remember mobo does not come with any RAM for your onboard graphis sub system.
Actually, what happens is the installed RAM that is 512 transcend 400Mhz ram which you have takes about 64 or 128 MB of RAM from it for your Onboard graphics subsystem. You can however increase or decrease this amount of shared RAM for your graphics subsystem from the CMOS setup utility.

Q4. --->A4.: You have enough answers already for this question.

OP
wizrulz

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
thanx

@Tech&ME Thanks buddy. what abt my question 5 in next post...... :?:
others can also continue with there posts..... :wink:

Tech&ME

Banned
Q5 --->A5: Yes it is possible, ghost image by norton utilities is possible on sata drives. This technology has nothing to do with SATA or UATA. What matters here is the file system you have on your drive, i.e. NTFS or FAT32.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom