Question about Steam

gameranand

Living to Play
Guys I am going to my village this Friday and there is no internet connection there. I want to take the Steam so that I can play atleast in offline mode. Anyway to do that, I can't have internet there even for some time, connectivity problem. Is there anyway to do that guys ?? I really wanna play DOTA 2 at my village with Bots but this is the hurdle.

Yes, you can start Steam in offline mode. First login to Steam (at you home or wherever) and make sure you have checked 'remember my password' (important). Then you can create a 'steam.cfg' file in steam root directory with the following text:

Code:
BootStrapperInhibitAll=enable 
ForceOfflineMode=enable

You cn also use the '-offline- parameter to start Steam in offline mode.

Source: Is there any way to start Steam in offline mode without logging in first? - Arqade

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Yes, you can start Steam in offline mode. First login to Steam (at you home or wherever) and make sure you have checked 'remember my password' (important). Then you can create a 'steam.cfg' file in steam root directory with the following text:

Code:
BootStrapperInhibitAll=enable 
ForceOfflineMode=enable

You cn also use the '-offline- parameter to start Steam in offline mode.

Source: Is there any way to start Steam in offline mode without logging in first? - Arqade

But how do I install Steam there because I won't be having internet connection there. How to take the portable version of Steam with me at my village ??

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
But how do I install Steam there because I won't be having internet connection there. How to take the portable version of Steam with me at my village ??

Just copy the complete steam installation folder, installed games folder and the saved games folder and paste them in the same location. then you are good to go. I did this to make it portable.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Oh come on. You are going to Village. Enjoy the village culture instead of taking the games with you. :/

Leave your steam at your home. Play real games there. See the sunset. Feel the fresh air. Watch the starts at night. Photograph people there and share with them the wonders of instant photos.

Live life the way its meant too. Not glued to the screen even when theirs a *real* world outside. :|

Do you mean to say that you have a PC in village you want to game on? If that's the case, you can copy the steam installation folder and game backups. Not sure if it'll work as I've only read about this and never tried it.

ghouse12311

Ambassador of Buzz
Oh come on. You are going to Village. Enjoy the village culture instead of taking the games with you. :/

Leave your steam at your home. Play real games there. See the sunset. Feel the fresh air. Watch the starts at night. Photograph people there and share with them the wonders of instant photos.

Live life the way its meant too. Not glued to the screen even when theirs a *real* world outside. :|

he is trying to learn dota 2 which takes a ton of time to learn and play properly...so he should definitely practice even at his village :wink:.....also this game very addictive....

OP
gameranand

gameranand

Living to Play
Just copy the complete steam installation folder, installed games folder and the saved games folder and paste them in the same location. then you are good to go. I did this to make it portable.

You sure it will work ??

Well actually the night life of Village ends pretty quick and I am used to late night sleeping so need something to pass the time in night. Atleast 2-3 hours, I assure you I'll only play games in night when everyone is asleep. I never play games in day in my village, if I do then I feel good because parents or Sister don't say a thing but the talk with them never ends so I don't play in days. :)

Even if you manage to boot windows from u2 portable hard disk, the speeds will be very slow. OS and games will take too long to load.

Top Bottom