Question about motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

ramu

Banned
I want to puchase the below mentioned motherbrd

Asus P5B Deluxe
Asus P5W DH delux

DO these boards support PATA raid coz i have 2 x 160GB PATA HDD in raid on my old motherboard and want to transfer those on to the new C2D motherboard

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Both the boards are dated now .. Get yourself a 650 i SLI/non sli ready boards for Asus [7k~] or XFX [5.1k~] And XFX 1 is a gr8 ocer .. Supports 1333 MHZ FSB .. So its worth buying it leave Idea abt the 2 mentioned above. And yes 650i supports PATA ;)

Regards

boosters

In the zone
You can use a Asus P5PE-VW. Very nice motherboard, most of the home user using this motherboard. If you want to buy please contact me.

OP
R

ramu

Banned
abhijangda said:
why to use pata use sata or sata2
I have a lot of Data in my 2 x 160 GB PATA raid array and my old motherboard has failed, so i want a new motherboard that supports PATA raid inorder to retrieve my old data

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Yep and its supports 1333 Mhz cpu so you can Add quad to it :) But do not think you can add Penryn to it :p

gannu_rox

In the zone
^^^ Heh dats rite... But then c'mon P5B isnt yet outd8d... Its still one of the good o'clockin mobo's...

But my vote fer XFX 650i ultra... :D

hitman050

Journeyman
What is the major advantage of XFX 650i Ultra over P5B Deluxe. Surely P5B Dlx will have more features won't it? Or did I waste 5k?

gannu_rox

In the zone
1333Mhz FSB n dats it....

Besides VFM.... :D

P5B is one of Asus's premium offerin... With wi-fi, esata, dual gb-lan, passive hs with heatpipes, optical/dig spdif n d like...

OP
R

ramu

Banned
gannu_rox said:
1333Mhz FSB n dats it....

Besides VFM.... :D

P5B is one of Asus's premium offerin... With wi-fi, esata, dual gb-lan, passive hs with heatpipes, optical/dig spdif n d like...

what is VFM?

praka123

left this forum longback
sorry to ask here:(,but i have been struggling with a xfx 7300 GT card on a gigabyte 915GV based board which supports only pcie x4 speed although it has physical pcie x16.
So which board should be better for me,will i go for the XFX one or Asus :-|

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
praka123 said:
sorry to ask here:(,but i have been struggling with a xfx 7300 GT card on a gigabyte 915GV based board which supports only pcie x4 speed although it has physical pcie x16.
So which board should be better for me,will i go for the XFX one or Asus :-|

See XFX is i non SLI 650 i board give best value for money at 5k it wont hurt you financially :) While Asus 1 is SLi capable and provide good VFM not the best :) So if you plan to SLI asus else XFX. But in my opinion no 1 put SLI so better be off with XFX ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom