Query regarding ram timings

rock2702

Padawan
I have this particular ram model
l
G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) PC RAM (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL) - G.Skill: Flipkart.com

Are the timings shown in cpuz correct?

CPU-Z Validator 3.1

If your motherboard has an XMP BIOS setting it should configure the voltage and timings correctly but sometimes it misses. Best to check the "Memory" tab against the "XMP" profile in the "SPD" tab.

XMP (Extreme Memory Profile?) is basically a non-JEDEC approved SPD table for your RAM that is programmed into the sticks. By setting XMP you can run the stocks at their RATED speed and timings even if it requires more vDIMM to do so. To get your system to set that automatically you need an XMP profile and a board that is capable of utilizing it.

EDIT: I looked it up. Seems your board does have an XMP profile. :D

But I would strongly suggest not to fiddle with any of it. If you aren't doing any hardcore OCing stuff then do not play with those settings.

OP
R

rock2702

Padawan
Thanks for your advice,but to tell you the truth I am a newbie when it comes to xmp profile and memory timings.I want to know whether I have a faulty ram kit?If not what should I do to run it at rated timings.

This may give u a clear picture

*i.imgur.com/Cv5uRMh.jpg

*i.imgur.com/8xvNHPV.jpg

Last edited:
Its not faulty.

And regarding changing RAM timings, I'd suggest you let them be. In everyday work, you won't notice a difference between 9-9-9-24 and 11-11-11-28.

But if you still want to change them, you should wait until the OCing experts reply here. I'm running everything at stock so I'm a noob at OCing too.

tkin

Back to school!!
Go into BIOS, and select XMP, not sure where that option appears, please check the manual.

^ OP, post the screenshots (that print screen thing :wink:) of the applications like tkin did and not photos of your screen like you did :twisted:

OP
R

rock2702

Padawan
Thanks everyone,I set the proper XMP profile in the bios and got my timings to 9-9-9-24.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Top Bottom