[Query] Regarding Intel's NUC System.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hello Guys,

I am planning to invest in a low-cost 24x7 downloading System and Came across this--> Intel NUC @Rs.14999

Now, I am not sure about the Price (wether it is the Right price or Over-Priced) Hence Need suggestions to-buy or to-Survey ?

Cheers n e-peace...

rabjabber

Journeyman
id say its appropriately priced because flipkart has the same kit without RAM and hard drive for 9000. new 500gb hard drives cost around 3000 and rams cost around 2700. so if you dont wanna do the installation yourself, its completely worth it.

on the other hand if you already have these parts from an old laptop, you can use them. note that you cant salvage the parts from a desktop as this uses ddr3l ram which is only found in laptops and a 2.5 inch drive, which can either be an ssd or a laptop hard drive.

also if you want more storage, you could buy the one from flipkart and buy hard disk and ram separately.

flipkart link: Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH - Intel Celeron Processor N2820, DDR3 Barebone Mini PC Price in India - Buy Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH - Intel Celeron Processor N2820, DDR3 Barebone Mini PC online at Flipkart.com

there is also an i3 version

Intel NUC Kit D34010WYKH - Intel Core i3 4010U, DDR3 Barebone Mini PC Price in India - Buy Intel NUC Kit D34010WYKH - Intel Core i3 4010U, DDR3 Barebone Mini PC online at Flipkart.com

DK_WD

WD Official
Hi [MENTION=3635]ashu888ashu888[/MENTION],

As per [MENTION=134291]rabjabber[/MENTION] update, I agree with him. If you have any old components with you, that will definitely help you to save some money and fulfill your requirement. If you don't have that option, then Intel NUC is the way to go.The specification of the Intel NUC is best for the low end computing like word processing and downloading rig.

Let me know if you find any other option for your downloading rig.

Good luck.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ Thank you to both of you : ) Really Appreciate the Replies, So I Guess even this ZOTAC ZBOX is the same "Bare-Bone (i.e. without the RAM+HDD) scenario... right ?

Hmm...

Well, My Other Option was to buy a Rs.14-16k DOS Based Laptop, Have Windows XP (32bit) or Win7 64bit Installed on it and then use it as a 24x7 Download Rig...

Any last minute suggestions ? (I am more Inclined towards this NUC System from them --> Here as it is a completely built System and i already have my existing 17 Inch Monitor for Display and a cheap keyboard as well.. lolz

(My Only Concern is "Will I be able to Install Win 7 on this) ?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Zotac comes with SO DIMMs and charger too. I think NUCs are base basic with no HDD and memory and power adapter. Check out the contents, but the ZBox that I got for reviewing had everything in the system and the power adapter.

rabjabber

Journeyman
^^ Thank you to both of you : ) Really Appreciate the Replies, So I Guess even this ZOTAC ZBOX is the same "Bare-Bone (i.e. without the RAM+HDD) scenario... right ?

Hmm...

Well, My Other Option was to buy a Rs.14-16k DOS Based Laptop, Have Windows XP (32bit) or Win7 64bit Installed on it and then use it as a 24x7 Download Rig...

Any last minute suggestions ? (I am more Inclined towards this NUC System from them --> Here as it is a completely built System and i already have my existing 17 Inch Monitor for Display and a cheap keyboard as well.. lolz

(My Only Concern is "Will I be able to Install Win 7 on this) ?

yes, nuc supports windows 7 and 8 and 8.1 and will even run win10 in all probability

NUC is definitely better than zotac because:
it is cheaper
processor is more powerfull
drivers are available directly from intel for windows 8.1/8/7

the only reason you'd wanna go for a laptop is portability, if you will carry it around, get a laptop, if not go for the NUC.

OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Zotac comes with SO DIMMs and charger too. I think NUCs are base basic with no HDD and memory and power adapter. Check out the contents, but the ZBox that I got for reviewing had everything in the system and the power adapter.

Ohh i See, thanks for the Update.. Appreciate it.. : )

yes, nuc supports windows 7 and 8 and 8.1 and will even run win10 in all probability

NUC is definitely better than zotac because:
it is cheaper
processor is more powerfull
drivers are available directly from intel for windows 8.1/8/7

the only reason you'd wanna go for a laptop is portability, if you will carry it around, get a laptop, if not go for the NUC.
Yup I would Prefer the NUC, So, I Guess it is a good Option to buy a fully setup NUC from the link in my 1st Post.. Right ?

Cheers n e-peace...

rabjabber

Journeyman
Ohh i See, thanks for the Update.. Appreciate it.. : )

Yup I would Prefer the NUC, So, I Guess it is a good Option to buy a fully setup NUC from the link in my 1st Post.. Right ?

Cheers n e-peace...

yes it is definitely the best option, but i have personally never bought anything from that site, so be sure to read some reviews.

Top Bottom