query about broadband

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
hi,
i started using dataone today.
i want to know if they count month from date we start using or as per month , because this month is nearly end .

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
I dont know for sure, but AFAIK, 1gb for a month as a whole and it wont be considered from a particular date to the 30 days after it. But, you can call up the BSNL ppl and confirm.

cyrux

In the zone
Well you limit is calculated for the no. of days remaining. Like suppose you are using the net for the last 10 days then the rent wud be 1/3 as well as the data limit will also be 1/3 of 1 Gb. SO keeep and watch and dont go overboard

Charley

Just Do It
kjuvale said:
hi,
i started using dataone today.
i want to know if they count month from date we start using or as per month , because this month is nearly end .

It should be monthly. I got mine on 26th Feb, but they calculate from the 1st of every month to 30/31 of the month end.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
It should be monthly. I got mine on 26th Feb, but they calculate from the 1st of every month to 30/31 of the month end.

so if the connetion is installed on 26th of a (30day) month then that means u have to use up 1GB (talking about plane 500) within 4 days & then start counting from 1st day of the new month for that month 1GB??

Charley

Just Do It
saurav_cheeta said:
so if the connetion is installed on 26th of a (30day) month then that means u have to use up 1GB (talking about plane 500) within 4 days & then start counting from 1st day of the new month for that month 1GB??

Discuss it with the BSNL cust care, they'll tell u hows it exactly done.

Minimalistix

I'm back!
First Hand Experience

Hi,

I think my opinion would be of value here as I have been exactly in the same position.

Wht BSNL wud do in ur case is tht they wud charge you for all th MBs
tht get transferred from Aug. 25 to Aug. 31 as per their current per MB rate.

I got my connection installed on 28th of a 30-day month. So, I was charged about Rs. 150 /-
for the amount of MBs I used in the last 3 days, added to my regular phone bill for that month.

From th next month onwards ur monthly bandwidth limit wud be put in place
and u'll be charged ur monthly rental as usual plus charges if u exceed th limit.

I hope ths clears up th situation for u.

Happy surfing!
Ravi

Charley

Just Do It
Re: First Hand Experience

Minimalistix said:
I got my connection installed on 28th of a 30-day month. So, I was charged about Rs. 150 /-
for the amount of MBs I used in the last 3 days, added to my regular phone bill for that month.

But why were u charged 150rs? ..... Did u exceed the 1GB limit witin 3 days?

OP
kjuvale

kjuvale

Pharmaguru
hi thnx for reply
according to Minimalistix they charge acc. to mbs downloaded.
But did they count free hours as i am having 500 plan.
i have downloaded most at free hours.

Minimalistix

I'm back!
You MAY get charged!!

@achacko@dataone.in:
I was charged Rs. 150 /- for the amount of MBs I used from th day th net got installed to th end of tht month...

@kjuvale:
Hey! kj u got me right!! But they didn't hav ths unlimited 2AM - 8AM offer at tht time...

Though, u do hav a valid point tht u hav used th net mostly in th free hours... u still MAY get charged!!

From wht i've observed in my case, i think since u r not supposed to pay th monthly broadband rental for ths month u wud b treated
as NOT eligible for th unlimited night time free surfing and wud get charged as they wudn't like to give up on their profits so easily...

So, th best thing to do wud be to call customer care and clear things up before u get tht fat telephone bill!!

Good Luck!!

mario_pant

In the zone
mann.... u r scaring me...... i've got 2.6GB transferred already..... and it took the connection on 27th aug.....
2.3GB out of it is within the happy hours....... actually no one can say anything on this topic right now..... after all this is the first month and this happy hour thing was launched in the middle of the month!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom