purpose of Refresh & Registry..!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pragadheesh

In the zone
hi,these ques might be a silly.. but i want to know in depth..
1) why do v refresh the system..? i dont mean the browsers which provide Refresh button to reload the page..
normally when one starts d system he would <bold>(Right Click->Refresh)</bold> refresh the desktop few times.. does this actually serve any purpose..??

2)i dont wish to waste a new thread,so posting it here..
also What is d purpose of registry(it would look funny:))..?? i know it can do lot of editing stuffs that can change customize the appearance of windows.. but y cant that be provide inside some folders(like Pgm files etc) which can be directly accessed to do d editing works.. When OS like Linux , Unix etc dont ave registry y does windows need registry..?? why cant they develop an OS (like linux) which doesnt ave registry..??

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
here is everything about registry *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_registry
Please ask a linux user about the registry in linux:D

refresh is used just to redraw the display.Most people think that it frees ram and improves performance,but thats not the case.
eg-when you exit a game,the desktop may be partially discoloured,the refresh command will make it normal.

anandk

Distinguished Member
^ nice :)

...also : some people have this compulsive habit of clicking on refresh every now and then...

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
anandk said:
^ nice :)

...also : some people have this compulsive habit of clicking on refresh every now and then...
The best way of breaking the mouse(apart form gaming):D

One more thing-Is that wayne rooney in you avatar Pragadheesh?So You are a united fan.Just want to remind you that we defeated you last night:D

forever

filth is me
vimal_mehrotra said:
The best way of breaking the mouse(apart form gaming):D

One more thing-Is that wayne rooney in you avatar Pragadheesh?So You are a united fan.Just want to remind you that we defeated you last night:D

hehe, we'll get you back at our turf dont worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom