scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
Hello people,

I m thinking of purchasing printer for home use. I have almost decided on Canon - MP 287 Printer.
My budget is about 3.5k to 4k. So far the above mentioned printer fits well in the budget. I am also thinking of purchasing tricolour cartridge (XL size) with it which costs about 1.5 k .

Now my questions are:
1) Is my choice good or do you suggest some other printer.
2)I have never personally used printer (except for in office, but in office you dont care about post purchase costs like refilling) and so I dont know whether this printer is economic after purchase. So, I want to know from users of printer that whether cartridge inks should be refilled locally or of some particular brands. And whether refilling locally can damage the product.

I would advise against buying that printer as the running cost would be too high. You would be better off purchasing this Epson printer: Epson TX121

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would advise against buying that printer as the running cost would be too high. You would be better off purchasing this Epson printer: Epson TX121
research some more before giving such advice to others.this epson printer has 19 one star,16 two star & 14 three star reviews compared to just 1 one star,2 two star & 7 three star reviews of canon MP287.
Reviews: Epson Stylus - TX121 Multifunction Inkjet Printer Review: Printers | Flipkart.com

^^Hahahahaha!! ROFL!! Since when has Flipkart become the "centre" of tech reviews. Google the epson printer and you would find good reviews about it.

And I think you forgot to mention that the Epson printer has "117" 5 stars and "41" 4 stars as compared to canon's "87" and "27" stars respectively...

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
printer is not i5 2500k overclocked or bulldozer fx series.as for google epson tx121 is not some big international model of printer which has reviews on major tech sites.google is useful only for searching reviews of universally available major products on major sites.as for Epson printer having "117" 5 stars and "41" 4 stars i am hoping you know about percentages.117 out of 207(total ratings)=56.52% 5star rating for epson while canon has 87 out of 124=70.16% 5star rating.

OK. If you value that Flipkart percentages so much rather than some sane advises and personal experiences, then best of luck. May the force be with you... *sigh*

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
i am a rational person.for me assuming that both set of people one rating epson & another rating canon represents a fairly balanced sample % provide a good indicator for predicting future performance.

tkin

Back to school!!
For gawd's sake, get epson, cheap ink, or if you refill epson works best there as well, hp sometimes refused to work with refilled tanks.

powerpc

Broken In
research some more before giving such advice to others.this epson printer has 19 one star,16 two star & 14 three star reviews compared to just 1 one star,2 two star & 7 three star reviews of canon MP287.
Reviews: Epson Stylus - TX121 Multifunction Inkjet Printer Review: Printers | Flipkart.com

@Whitestar, I would request not to give advises based on feedbacks on Flipkart and Mouthshut. I find these reviews have ZERO value. These advises will only mislead people like me, who think that the advises we are getting from thinkdigit is based on expertise and knowledge.

No offence meant..

-PPC

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
nothing has zero value.like i already said printer is not processor/mobo/gfx card which needs a level of technical expertise on part of reviewers.if only you had tried to see the logic behind my earlier posts you would not have posted your reply.

Top Bottom