PSU 3-5k for i5 760, will use later with i7/1070 equivalent

mitraark

Decrepit
Need a PSU, for my M68 motherboard actually. But I use a CX400 for my i5 760 rig, so was planning to take that and get a new PSU for the i5, which I will probably replace in a year or two.

Shortlisted

Antec VP550P

Seasonic 520

Seasonic 620

To be honest I don't think I'll ever buy a 1070 range GPU, I hardly use my PC now, still I feel it would be a decent investment to go for a good PSU. But at the same time I don;t want to spend a lot because I am not going to use it as much.

Is the Antec PSU good enough or should I stick to Seasonic as everyone recommends? Any other PSU anyone wants to suggest ? Should I go for Modular ? I have a Corsair Air 240 cabinet, modular would let me remove the cables not needed, the cabinet isn't that big. I'm open to all options.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Stick with Seasonic. If your future upgrade won't require higher power, go for 430w.

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
I don't know, Antec isn't that bad, modular would be a relief from those mess of cables. 430W is too low for comfort, 520 costs Rs 5700.

gta5

Ambassador of Buzz
see you have been using seasonic si2II based CX 400 for what ? 6-7 years ?

antec vp550p has "sleeve bearing fan"and average 5vsb caps ... those are the weak points... still good for 5-6 years or so
though warranty is only 2 years

just get seasonic s12II 520 with eBay coupon for 5300-5400 and forget about PSU for next 9-10 years if not using in a power hungry system.. with 5 year warranry

Last edited:
OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
I already purchased Antec VP650PM from MD Computers for Rs4700 all incl.Let's hope it doesn't disappoint.

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
see you have been using seasonic si2II based CX 400 for what ? 6-7 years ?

antec vp550p has "sleeve bearing fan"and average 5vsb caps ... those are the weak points... still good for 5-6 years or so
though warranty is only 2 years

just get seasonic s12II 520 with eBay coupon for 5300-5400 and forget about PSU for next 9-10 years if not using in a power hungry system.. with 5 year warranry

CX 400 bought in January 2010, VS450 bought in April 2012, both running fine.

Top Bottom