.pst file management

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeelaani

Right off the assembly line
dear people,
hello! this is jeelaani the newest newbie to join. hi!
i have a problem. in the course of years, i have accumulated many .pst files from outlook. is there a way i can make them into one .pst file and then delete duplicates and spams and organize it for archieving?
can anyone help?
jeelaani

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmmm.. Maybe you can Import all of them to Outlook and then after removing the Duplicates and spams, you can Export as a single file ..

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Yes like posted in the previous post, you get the option to import your messages into one pst file in Outlook. I believe there is a 2 GB limit on pst files ( I think its much moer in Outlook 2003) and from my personal experience I havent seen a PST file go above 1gb without any problems. Although that might only be my experience.

While importing you get an option to choose the folder you want to import or if needed the whole pst file. You can manually arrange your messages or use the rules wizard to further organize your messages.

If you have problems opening your pst file theres a utility called Scanpst on your system which you can use to repair minor problems.

Hope this helps.

OP
J

jeelaani

Right off the assembly line
thanks it_waaznt_me and exx_2000
the problem is that after the number of messages in the inbox gets beyond 3000 and change the program and the system hang. both the Outlook XP as well as Outlook Express 6.
that is the problem.
btw the total size of all my emails is only 260 and odd MB. not anywhere near the 2 GB limit
jeelaani

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
the problem is that after the number of messages in the inbox gets beyond 3000 and change the program and the system hang. both the Outlook XP as well as Outlook Express 6.

Wow thats alot of email :D . I guess you could try moving messages out to different folders and stuff by I doubt that will help either. Have you tried the scanpst tool? Make sure you make a backup of any pst file before you run the tool on it.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Whoops ..
Anyways .. I found this page useful for you ..

And btw .. That 2 GB Limit is I reckon because of the upper limit on the file size in Fat32 .... In Fat32 you cant have a file larger that 2048 Mb ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom