PS2 or Xbox: What is good?

Status
Not open for further replies.

invincibul

Broken In
I am planning to buy a PlayStation 2 or a Xbox. Which of them is good Xbox or PS2. I am a great fan of God of War and many PS2 games but I heard that PS2 has inferior graphics than the Xbox. Are there any good games for the Xbox.

What are the prices of Xbox and PS2 in Chennai and their games?

Chets

Right off the assembly line
as of ur query: decide which games u wanna play.
it xbox has all of the titles, go for it. else ps2 . its true that ps2 is croppier than xbox.
xbox would be roughly 13k and ps2 would be 10k.
ps2 titles are easily available. not sure abt xbox ones.

xbox3 n ps3 are going to be lot of costlier than ps2 n still theres lot of time before it becomes to india. :(

PrinceHeart

In the zone
This is what i had decided few years back when i got PS2. Cause ps2 market in india is really cheap. You can get almost every title off ps2 games in the market for 50/- only, and once u played it, ppl don't play it again and again unless its a really favorite games. d-xbox games are available @ 80/- but u have to wait for 4-5 month to get a new title that's just released. For ps2 new titles comes within the next month.

But ps2 and xbox - both got old.. guess they age too. Now its the new generation. Wait for ps3 if u can, but as others said - its gonna be a lot expensive than present consoles. and the games - well with no mod on ps3 - u have to get original ps3 games.. for atleast a yr or 2.

Rest is yours to think..

cheerz

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
First of all somethings to consider about the PS3:

- Still not in the market. No confirmed date of release. It has been delayed way too long. Sounds like Dukem Nukem forever to me.
- Far too many reviews out there w.r.t PS3 vs XBOX 360. None are conclusive. Each console has it advantages and disadvantages.
- PS3 will be Sony Proprietary software. So no chance of modding. XBOX 360 has already been modded.

So for all those who say PS3 rocks !!! and so on...do you own one ? Have u actually seen the piece in action ? Then how can you claim it rocks ? Lets keep it objective don't you think ? Please note I never said the XBOX 360 is "better" anywhere in my argument. I think we need to be realistic till the console comes out. And then let the fun begin.

Coming back to PS2 & XBOX

PS2 adv: - more games in the market. Hellava lot of variety
disadv - inferior quality in terms of technology when compared to the XBOX.

XBOX adv: - Superior technology as compared to the XBOX. Also a modded XBOX serves to add so much more to the console. I currently use a modded XBOX to view all my movies in a lot of formats and its plugged into my Home theater system. For more on XBOX modding check out :

www.xbox-scene.com

XBOX disadv: - Lesser titles. Games are not easy to come by.

And for all you people saying XBOX 360 and PS3, both are absolutely useless unless you have a HDTV. Because the game supports higher resoultions which are available in HDTV as compared to the 640*480 resoultion supported by your TV. Will it work with a regular TV ? Yup!!! But no point.

Also have a look at this:

*news.softpedia.com/news/PC-versus-PlayStation-3-versus-Xbox-360-2134.shtml

Interesting comparison. The choice is yours bro :)

coolendra

Neil is Here...
Well the bottom line is that in india buying a genuine game is not practices because of the high price of the titles... moreover PS3 & XBOX360 use HD nd bluray disks which will cost even higher...

and getting them easily here wil be pretty difficult...

i say go 4 xbox or PS2.. keepin in mind that ps2 has more game titles whereas xbox has more memory space to store ur savegames.. nd songs..

shellgame

Broken In
guys i m thinking of buying xbox 360 in october.Then say if after 2-3yrs pirated xbox 360 games will be available, can i play them or do i need any modded chip(to insert into the xbox 360)? and can i play the already available pirated xbox games (not the xbox 360 games) on xbox 360 or do i need modded chip here too?

Last edited:

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
abhi_alpha_beta:

PS2 modding is basically so that you can play imported games on them. Does not provide anywhere near the features that an XBOX modding provides. It invovles soldering a chip onto the system and unless you know how I would reccomend to get it done by an expert.

shellgame:

Modchips would be mandatory if you want to play games out of your region on them. check out xbox-scene. There are already modchips available for the XBOX360 and they have hacked the dashboard as well. I would reccomend waitin a bit (6 months) before getting the xbox 360. Also would see what the PS3 offers and also Nintendos cube...no one seems to be noticin the cube...intreresting ;)

PrinceHeart

In the zone
Well read from the official sources about the latest release and spec. and infos.

*www.us.playstation.com/
*www.xbox.com/en-US/

peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom