Proxy apps with torrent networks

Status
Not open for further replies.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
I am behind a college Firewall(cyberroam) which has most of its ports blocked except basic port 80, 21. .etc

Hence, i use tunnel proxy clients like Your-freedom and Proxyfier to use torrent softwares(bitcomet). The torrent works(a decent 20K speed), except for the fact that the torrent client(bitcomet, in this case) shows the listening port i use (44221 in my case) to be blocked..
Now lets trace back as to what i know...

1. Your-freedom configures computer to receive connections from applications on my computer via the address localhost:1080

2. Your-freedom then searches for open ports on my firewall and directs outgoing traffic to that port.

3. The server my client connects to, requests as if it were requesting for its own system...

4. The information obtained is relayed back to my firewall via the open port, which reaches my system ..

(please rectify if there is anything wrong)...

According to this model, the listening port 44221 is blocked on my firewall, but not on the your-freedom server. Then why does bitcomet report it to be blocked?

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
Dude can u tell me how to configure "Your freedom " i just couldn work around with it ..... we use "ultra surf" for browsing but downloading is just impossble...
Plz help.........any other software thru wich i can download on torrents:sad::!:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom