Proposal for a new section completely on ROBOTICS.

Do We need a section Completely on robotics,its crkts & programming & components etc?

• YES

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ss max

Broken In
I want to propose a different section fully on ROBOTICS so that there can be discussion and suggestions on everything related to robotics and and the electronic components like microcontrollers etc thus helping in robotics. So support and provide suggestions on this .:cool:

OP
ss max

ss max

Broken In
I Am posting an example here of l293d:-

L293d is a motor driving IC and it is used widely in robotics application. It is used to drive two motors at a time. :

I am attaching a image file of all pin diagram , now description

PIN 1:- This is the enable pin i.e. which switch ON the IC input on its side i.e. it will ensure that when you will apply input you will be getting the output.The enable is held high for the working of IC.

PIN 2:- It is the first input pin .

PIN 3:- Output pin

PIN 4&5:- the pins to be grounded

PIN 6&7:- Pair of corresponding input and output.

As we can drive 2 dc geared motors at a time there are two inputs for one motor . The motors are connected at the output pins of corresponding side i.e both sides are symmetrical as they have Corresponding enable , input and output pins.

PIN 8:- It is an important pin as we know that motor requires more voltage than the output of the IC therefore at this point the IC is connected to the required voltage supply for the motor.

PIN 16:- VSS pin that is at this point we connect the +ve supply here at this port for powering the IC (usually this supply is +5v as the l293 can work on any voltages between 4.5-6 volts but +5v is recommended).

Rest of the pins are same.

The numbering of pins start from the left side of the notch as we can see in the file attached .

We can have posts like this in the section of robotics and many more.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Hmm I would suggest to use the Programming section. To be honest, even the Programming section is not quality enough, and not enough posters there itself and I really doubt electronics and robotics to get many posts.

Tech&ME

Banned
@asingh

if you are really serious, just create a separate section for it.

BTW, I think this forum doesn't need such sections. Reasons:

1. No one is interested in even Modding their cabinets here.
2. I don't see any new threads for Case Modding at all.
3. I posted a case modding thread long ago.... in 2006!! see it here

So, do we really need a separate section for ROBOTICS, which is expensive hobby by all means,,

OP
ss max

ss max

Broken In
Using programming sections will not help as Robotics is a wide field and involves programming , electronics and mechanics too so if we go on posting in different sections it would not be helpful , and yes lesser number of peoples are involved in robotics but then there are peoples who like it too and want to learn in feild of embedded electronics and robotics , what about them , also Adding ROBOTICS to our forum will be great as its one of the most wanted topics and also i think it may prove helpful to some of the members of forum .:)

Tech&ME

Banned
^^
I agree with you to some extend. But listen, if you have done any project (however small) in robotics, we would like to see it for reviewing FIRST!

Second, yes Digit also carried a Project in the mag to make a Robo Car but I don't know how many digitians really do that project in real.

Third, if you can, please show us some REAL projects of yours or of your friends.

AcceleratorX

Youngling
IMO, it's better that digit remains a technology forum and not an engineering forum. There are other sites available to discuss robotics - digit is a technology information magazine that has a wide spectrum including the business end of it. IMO, it's really better that things be kept at a level that the vast majority of users can clearly read and understand (and thus participate in the discussion).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom