programming............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mohnishgs

powering up
i want to learn a programming language(either c++ or java)
which one should i learn first and why............. i must be able to master it as fast as possible........... are there any other powerful programming languages which can be easily mastered in small time???

Digit_Dragon

Old Stock in New Bottle!!
C++ would be the best option as java and others could be learnt or understood easily if you have a strong base in C++

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
If u r a beginner then start with easier one such as java script or with c,after two or 3 months u can start studying c#(c sharp) best choice nowadays.

Easiest one in order VB.NET , then c#, java , c++. All r equally powerful
if u ask me c# is the choice

Last edited:

virus_killer

Journeyman
Start with C first , because it provides basic knowledge for other languages, C is the first step to learn programming language , and than you can do java , VB etc.

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
yup dear...

Really start from "C" first. It provide a big foundation of ur programming life.

Then aftr go for C++ 'n JAVA 'n VC++ and more....

rajesh_nk22

Journeyman
if choice is between c++ and java, then directly start with C++, i dont think there is any need of learning c as you want to finish this things at the earliest. concentrate on only c++ preferably vc++ 6.0

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Guys thanks a lot for your discussions. Can you tell me what is the difference
among C, C++ & C#

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
C is procedural programming
C++ and C#,java are object oriented programming.(but sometimes c++ is procedural)

C# is the new one which combines the power of C++ and easiness of VB

jal_desai

In the zone
grip properly on C and C++...first.. (reference books are Let's C by yashwant kanetkar, Teach yourself C++ tata mcgrawhill production)... consider these two as ur programming base... then after a 1 yr or so.. jump on JAVA (coz JAVA has its core in the Object Oriented Programming which is greatly provided by C++)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom