Programming PC - Budget 80k

cs4sid

Broken In
Hello, so I need to build a desktop for a friend, his budget is 80k but he doesn't mind paying a little more. His main purpose is absolutely programming.

Here are the answers for the questionaire-

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run?
Ans: Eclipse, Net beans, Google App Engine, Photoshop, Corel draw, bunch of virtual machines etc, and ocassionaly League of Legends. Please note, I'm not aware of all the exact softwares he's gonna run. Recently he's been working on a bunch of databases as big as a few gigabytes.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Upto 80,000 Rupees. Can extend the budget by 5,000 rupees IF needed.

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: Not sure.

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: Windows(7/8/8.5/10), Ubuntu.

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans:
1 TB.

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: 21.5 inch, 1080p should be sufficient. Will prefer one which will be easy on the eye, should be comfortable for long programming sessions.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Keyboard and mice.

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: Preferably this month, might consider buying it this weekend unless something better is coming out soon (like a month).

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: Will build it myself.

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: New Delhi, preffer buying locally because recently I've noticed prices mentioned on Amazon, Flipkart etc tend to be more than what is seen locally, however he can buy stuff online.

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: Only intel builds please, no hate towards AMD, but for the amount of money he's gonna be spending Intel is obviously gonna deliver way more consistent performance over AMD.

So here's a question for you guys, my friend will sometimes use Photoshop or Corel draw to create some graphics for his websites or mobile applications, and might occasionally play something like League Of Legends or Team Fortress 2. Will he need a decent graphic card and liquid cooling options? Also, will i5 be sufficient?

Here are some components I thought of (Do tell if the graphic card mentioned is unnecessary!) -

Processori5-4690ki7-4790k
MotherboardAsus H97 PRO GAMERAsus H97 PRO GAMER
CPU CoolerCooler Master Hyper TX3 EVOCooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
RAMKingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1600MhzCorsair Vegeance 8GB 1600Mhz
Graphics CardNvidia GTX 750tiNvidia GTX 960
HDDSeagate Baracuda 1TB 7200RPMWD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200 RPM
SSDSamsung 850 EVO 250GBSamsung 850 PRO 250GB
Optical DriveLG Dvd WriterAsus Dvd Writer
PSUAntec VP500PSeasonic S12II 520 W
CabinetCooler Master N300Antec GX300
MonitorDell SS240lAOC i2276Vwn

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
go for a xeon processors with 4 cores 8 threads since virtual machines, 16gb ram.
rest of the parts you can have anything.
also consider ssd if you want fast load of programs. minimum 250gb.
it won't speed up virtual machines that reside on hdd however, so put important vms on ssd disk.

Top Bottom