Programming Language course

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Me and My friends are interested in going for a Language course..Which one do you guys think would be the most viable option, since we are gonna go for Computer Engineering after all the Entrances are over..
My friend is interested in Python.. and I too am leaning towards it
Thanks in advance

donnawhite

Broken In
Your choice is good and with Python, you can go with Java and C++, i think very useful for computer science engineer.
Best of luck for future!

Well, I would not suggest to join any prog. lang. course in first year, especially first sem as that sem is a real hectic one. Also, I personally believe programming classes are a very good and effective waste of time and money. You can learn a programming by yourself very easily if you are intrested. In first year, they will generally teach C, so after learning that, you can easily learn any programming language on you'r own. C++ adn Java are already taught in college so there is no sense in spending extra cash and time in those.

In short, skip this idea, learn c in first year, then learn any language you want by ​yourself.

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Well, I would not suggest to join any prog. lang. course in first year, especially first sem as that sem is a real hectic one. Also, I personally believe programming classes are a very good and effective waste of time and money. You can learn a programming by yourself very easily if you are intrested. In first year, they will generally teach C, so after learning that, you can easily learn any programming language on you'r own. C++ adn Java are already taught in college so there is no sense in spending extra cash and time in those.

In short, skip this idea, learn c in first year, then learn any language you want by ​yourself.

I second this view.

OP
Nerevarine

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I am no n00b at programming guys
I have learnt C++ for 2 years (11th and 12th).. as I am from CBSE..
Yes, I agree to the above, but it requires motivation.. I have very good knowledge of AHK .. its not really a programming language but has similar syntax (scripting), but I can say that I learnt it by myself by consulting various forums and documentation.. :D.. The reason I learnt it is because I wanted to make bots for a flash based MMO I used to play..

But I want to enroll into a course is because I need motivation to keep it going.. If I do it by myself, im gonna be bored in several weeks..
Seems like I will have to decide when the entrance exeams gets over

Last edited:
\.. If I do it by myself, im gonna be bored in several weeks..

Well, when I wanted to learn CUDA C, even I got bored in a month, so I subscribes to CodeProject's GoParellel news-feed and Nvidia's developer feeds. then I got inspiration motivation from those every morning right along a steaming hot cup of tea :D
And if you know c++, learning java yourself will be a walk in a park. And after you know Java, same will be the case for C# (the current most in-demand language). It's all upto you now. I would personally not go for one, but everyone has different environment, different preferences and different choices for learning environment, so you should decide it yourself. Try a good book (Herbert Schildt is highly recommended) for few days, then see.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
I am no n00b at programming guys
I have learnt C++ for 2 years (11th and 12th).. as I am from CBSE..

Yes, I agree to the above, but it requires motivation.. I have very good knowledge of AHK .. its not really a programming language but has similar syntax (scripting), but I can say that I learnt it by myself by consulting various forums and documentation.. :D.. The reason I learnt it is because I wanted to make bots for a flash based MMO I used to play..

But I want to enroll into a course is because I need motivation to keep it going.. If I do it by myself, im gonna be bored in several weeks..

I must dissapoint you with the fact that C++ from CBSE two years is nothing special, C++ being an OOP is very easy to learn, and gone past the era when people had actually comprehended its strenght and put it in extensive use. The level of understanding required in C++ in industry or in game programming will demand a beyond "good" skill level at it which can dazzle people. JAVA cant not really be called a SA language as i earlier said, its a technology with its platform independent VM that comes with a source to play with, if you look at it like that way, there are more than "n" numbers of opportunities in JAVA where its now standing, everyday upgrade is a matter of fact and its no walk in the park as the competition is typically high in real world scenario.C# has bright future i belive even if XNA is gone.

If you really need motivation, join a C crash course for short duration, a good and tough one which will challenge your mind. Upgrade to C# with the help of your C++ knowledge and then start culturing own projects. Java will be a different path, PYTHON and Shell like scripting again is way different and if you're upto automation theory and administration, PERL will also be good choice to start with. Learn C, there is no end to it, doesnt matter how good u are, there are always better..... there is No alternative language which will grant you with such immense power and confidence over any goddamn language in the world.

Top Bottom