Programming, designing and gaming build for 55k

Kinshuk K

Right off the assembly line
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Primarily Programming: I will be compiling long programs written in C++, python, Ruby, Visual C# and will be running their respective IDEs
Design: I will be using Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Flash cs6
Gaming: I will be playing ames like Counter strike global offensive, NFS franchise, age of empires. Not much of a gamer.
I will also run OSs on virtual machines.
2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans:50k(Can be extended by a maximum of 2000)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans: NO

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans: I will either use linux(Ubuntu or debian) or will use windows 8(Do not include the price of the OS in the specifications)

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1TB

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans: I would be buying a 21"(or more) monitor.

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans: Speakers, UPS, Keyboard and mouse (as i already have them)

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans: October 2013

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans: I will build the system myself. So i will require some help

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans: I live in Jamshedpur, Jharkhand. I will prefer buying the components locally but if not available, i am ok buying online.(also suggest some sites)

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans: I do not want a very high end graphics card. I will spend a maximum of 12k on the GPU
I dont want a high end, stylish cabinet. even local ones would do. I may even drill holes if needed for fitting fans. I dont want the build to look good, I want it to perform good.

Thanks in advance

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
amd
-----
fx 8350 - 12k
asus m5a97 evo r2.0 - 7.5k
gskill ripjawsX 8gb X 1 1600mhz- 4.5k
zotac gtx 650 ti boost -12.3k
wd blue 1 tb - 4k
asus odd 24b5st -1k
seasonic s12ii 520 -4k
dell s2240l - 8.5k
nzxt gamma - 2.5k

intel
-----
i5 4430 - 12.3k
gigabyte ga- b85m -d3h - 6.3k
rest same.
I suggest to go for amd based rig

OP
K

Kinshuk K

Right off the assembly line
Where did you get such low prices from?
i am not being able to find these components at such a low price anywhere on the net.

amd
-----
fx 8350 - 12k
asus m5a97 evo r2.0 - 7.5k
gskill ripjawsX 8gb X 1 1600mhz- 4.5k
zotac gtx 650 ti boost -12.3k
wd blue 1 tb - 4k
asus odd 24b5st -1k
seasonic s12ii 520 -4k
dell s2240l - 8.5k
nzxt gamma - 2.5k

intel
-----
i5 4430 - 12.3k
gigabyte ga- b85m -d3h - 6.3k
rest same.
I suggest to go for amd based rig

EVO is retailing for ~8k
S2240 is retailing for 8.8k
Seasonic S12II 520 W is retailing for 4.5k

Most language compilers are single-threaded. Single threaded performance of i5 is much better than that of 8350. I also want to do an i5 build soon for purposes similar to those of OP.

Most language compilers are single-threaded. Single threaded performance of i5 is much better than that of 8350. I also want to do an i5 build soon for purposes similar to those of OP.

> try compiling Mozilla Firefox on a single core processor and then on a multi-core processor.

> Quoting OP's requirements:

1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans: Primarily Programming: I will be compiling long programs written in C++, python, Ruby, Visual C# and will be running their respective IDEs
Design: I will be using Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Flash cs6
Gaming: I will be playing ames like Counter strike global offensive, NFS franchise, age of empires. Not much of a gamer.

Quoting my post from another thread:

When an Intel cpu and AMD cpu is used with the same graphic card, Intel gives better performance. But, in a limited (but not small nonetheless) budget, you can include a more powerfull graphic card with the AMD setup due the lower cost of CPU+moherboard combo. The AMD setup suggested by Cilus is great. What is it that you don't like about AMD?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
EVO is retailing for ~8k
S2240 is retailing for 8.8k
Seasonic S12II 520 W is retailing for 4.5k

somebody in this forum already mentioned 7.5k for evo version just recently. I can not remember his name.
one of the forum member already got his s12 ii 520 for 4k either on primeabgb or smc (not online but locally).

here is the quote from *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/members/213323.html on 15/9/13
So this is the cheapest quote i got:

FX-6300 7500/-
Asus m5a97 EVO R2.0 - 7500/-
G Skill RipJaws 2*4GB Ram - 2*2700=5400/-
CM HAF 912 with window - 5500/-
Seasonic S12ii 620W - 5200/-
WD blue 1tb 4000/-
Sapphire 7950 OC with Boost 24,500/- [No one @lamington road has VAPOR-X version ]
Dell S2240L - 8500/-

Where did you get such low prices from?
i am not being able to find these components at such a low price anywhere on the net.

ask in as many as local shops you can. You will surely get fair prices

Last edited:
> try compiling Mozilla Firefox on a single core processor and then on a multi-core

Your point?

AnandTech Portal | The Vishera Review: AMD FX-8350, FX-8320, FX-6300 and FX-4300 Tested
Even with twice as many cores, on an expensive multithreaded compiler 8350 is beaten by i5 3rd gen. Even VS has crucial time consuming phases that run serially. And the numbers in the benchmark support this.

Top Bottom