Processor upgrade

TechPlex

Multiplex Of Technology
Hey guys, I have an HCL LX Infiniti Powerlite 9200GM laptop with VIA chipset which has a 478 pin P socket for the processor. Currently it has a Intel pentium Dual Core CPU clocked at 1.83 MHz. These days its proving less for me and my tasks. I am thinking to upgrade the processor and Core 2 Duo with clocking speeds above 2.3 GHz is my choice. Please suggest me some models from the T series (35W) and it would be better if you mention the prices along.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
are you sure you can get the processor replace because it is usually soldered to mainboard in a laptop. Do check with HCL once if they can replace the processor. You might end up killing the laptop by doing improper installation.

OP
TechPlex

TechPlex

Multiplex Of Technology
No, no. I have already mentioned that the mainboard has a 478 pin P socket for the processor. I have opened my laptop once and cleaned the old thermal paste to apply new one. And even I removed and placed back the processor on the socket.

saswat23

Human Spambot
But still its not safe. Better contact HCL for this matter coz mobile processors are not sold locally, they are sold to the OEMs only.

Top Bottom