Processor + Mobo in under 18000 bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

geek

Broken In
Hi everybody.

I am looking forward to upgrade my PC. I am a casual gamer, a movie buff and an avid listner of music. However I am also a performance freak. Windows XP loading 5 sec late is a cause of concern for me. Windows setup taking less than 14 minutes to install gets me overjoyed.

So PLEASE PEOPLE TELL ME which processor and motherboard should i go in for. I have set aside 18000 bucks for these 2 components. I am open both to AMD as well as Intel (I have been using AMD for the last 4 years from 600 mhz to 1700+).

Also please recommend a good, stable and high performance hard drive (not scsi though) in the 120 or 160 GB category (Seagate, Maxtor, WD, Hitachi......).

Thanx for the help

theraven

Technomancer
vysakh said:
try intel P4 3.6 Ghz on an intel 915 (original chipset)
dude why do u butt in when u dont know anything ?
an intel original 915 chipset ... costs 7000 MINIMUM
a 3.6ghz processor LGA 775 costs a minium of 12-13k
how does this fit in the budget ???

@geek go for nikhilesh's config ... its the best and will cost u abt ....17k for the combination
go for a 160gb seagate sata hdd
or 2*80 gb in raid0 config

or u can go for a 160GB pata segate hdd whichever u see fit
my main point is "SEAGATE"

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
niki's config will cost under 15k.

still better amd 3200 64 and if u have even more money than nforce 3

rakesh_1024

Journeyman
Look out for AMD 64FX 3500+ that is cheapest of theFX series.
Not sure of the price though.
Check whether it supports dual channel RAM.
Go for it if itz in your budget.

It may not fit in your budget right now.
But wait for a while and I am sure it will.

Regarding the Hard Drives, Go for 160GB if u really think that u need that much amount of space.
I met some guys(who bought 160GB HD) who don't even utilize 50% of the space.
And one more thing, if u r going for SATA, go for Seagate only.
Itz the only real SATA one out there. The others only employ a parallel to Serial convertor.

pa_ajaykumar

Broken In
AMD Athlon 64 3000+ and MSI K8N Neo Platinum

Go for AMD Athlon 64 3000+ and MSI K8N Neo Platinum MoBo. I got this Combo for 18k around 4 days back. you can go for a 3200+ of 2k more. But apart from the Increased cache there is not much difference between the two. This Combo beats a P4 3.0 Ghz and Comparable to a 3.2 Ghz P4 as i found out in the SiSoft Sandra 2004 Benchmark. For the HDD you can go for 2x 80 Gb Seagate Barracuda in Raid or go for a 200 GB Seagate Barracuda SATA for 6k. The MoBo supports both PATA Raid and SATA Raid. So you can go for what ever config you like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom