problm in booting FC4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mak1012

Journeyman
hi,
i'm using fc4, but now when i boot it it says
"could not start the X server(your graphical environment) due to some internal error contact your ADmin or check yr syslog to diagnose it"
what is syslog and how to config it to get my x server please help.

Last edited:

eddie

El mooooo
On the command prompt, login as root and then type "xorgcfg" (without quotes) and configure your X server. Then reboot and see if it works. Also tell us about your hardware.

OP
mak1012

mak1012

Journeyman
eddie said:
On the command prompt, login as root and then type "xorgcfg" (without quotes) and configure your X server. Then reboot and see if it works. Also tell us about your hardware.

dude i'm not able to c any thing after booting it gives me this error
"could not start the X server(your graphical environment) due to some internal error contact your ADmin or check yr syslog to diagnose it"

how to in command prompt????

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Where do you see the error message? It should be on the terminal since X server isn't started.
OK press Ctrl + Alt + F2, login there and follow what eddie said.

OP
mak1012

mak1012

Journeyman
now i'm facing new problm in tht,
when i sttartd fc4 it tolme to enter su paaswd and do fix in "fcsd" so i typd fcsd n enterd i was going according to them they showing me problm in "inode" n askd me to fix it i pressd <y>, this mssg came 4 to 5 times. when i compled all this n i restartd the machine it gives me this error
"
uncompressing linux...ok, booting the kernal.
redhat nash verssion starting.
ata :disabling port
Ext3. fs : journal inod is deleted.
mount :rror mounting/dev/root on/sys root as ext3. invalid argument.
setup root :moving/dev failed: no such file or directaory.
setup root :error mounting/proc: no such file or directaory.
setup root :error mounting/sys : no such file or directaory.
setup root :mount failed : no such file or directaory.
switch root : mount failed : no such file or directory.
switch root : mount failed : no such file or directory.
kernal panic - not syncing : attempted to kill init! "

now wht to do is htere any possiblity to get back my OS???????????

praka123

left this forum longback
it seems to me that u have deleted many dir's.try a reinstall.the fsck command might have been ran on a mounted device.my take-your hdd is it queit oldone?

OP
mak1012

mak1012

Journeyman
prakash kerala said:
it seems to me that u have deleted many dir's.try a reinstall.the fsck command might have been ran on a mounted device.my take-your hdd is it queit oldone?
i bought my pc last year n evry [art was latest, i think if i reinstall the fc 4 or 5 then my data will be the same???? can i upgrade the fc from 4 to 5 without formating the disk>?????????

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Yes, upgrade is possible without formatting. Just select upgrade option when installing. Also, there's a repair option in FC, AFAICR.

OP
mak1012

mak1012

Journeyman
thanx dude now i'm waitng to completion of fc 5, one more think if i upgrade to fc 4 then it will alsorepair my dir.??????????????

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom