Problems with Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

anubisX

Journeyman
Hello guys, I'm having problems with the Windows 7 that I installed few days back. I just wanted to test-drive the new 7, mine is Build 7100. I installed Windows Server 2003 and Windows 7. Server 2003 only detected 1 HDD instead of 2. Now, when I'm playing HD movies in Win 7, it lags. Sometimes, normal DVDrips lag too. Don't know what the problem is. Server 2003 is playing movies but lags when playing 1080i/p videos. Everything played well when I had Windows XP and Vista Ultimate. The CPU usage is normal (14-16% during HD movies) and memory is OK too. What might be the problem ? Have you people ever faced such problems ? My friend claims that his one is running smoothly, he has 3yrs old PC. My config is given below in the signature. What might have gone wrong ? I will install Vista soon but what's the problem in Server 2003 ? I've all the required codecs (K-Lite Codec Pack).

cyborg47

Technomancer
even i'got a prob with my 64 bit 7600 build, it runs fine all the times except while copying, installing something...it lags like hell...

OP
anubisX

anubisX

Journeyman
Well, I have no problem with copying or installing. It's copying very fast, even faster than the Vista / XP. It's copying from one HDD to another very fast, 2GBs in less than 12secs. I'm running 32-bit though.

cyborg47

Technomancer
no i dont mean that the installation or the copying lags...both of em are fast enuf, but while copying or installing something, opening the other windows, or running a movie, music file..these are getting slow even though i have a quad core...:( and it never happened with vista...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Video lags are usually due to drivers, tried downloading Win 7 GPU drivers from manufacturer site?

cluby

Broken In
Well, I have no problem with copying or installing. It's copying very fast, even faster than the Vista / XP. It's copying from one HDD to another very fast, 2GBs in less than 12secs. I'm running 32-bit though.

Its definately video drivers problem, try the latest drivers from the manufacturers site or it may also due to codec problem if u r playing hd x264 encoded files in that case get the k-lite mega codec pack n play d file with media player classic or better option km player(don't need codec pack if u r using this player except real alternative).

OP
anubisX

anubisX

Journeyman
Let me try KMPlayer. I've the latest K-Lite Codec Pack 5.0.3

Did update the video driver, but why the hell some videos are lagging in Server 2003 ? Have drivers and codecs too

OP
anubisX

anubisX

Journeyman
Well, the problem is solved. Uninstalled all the codecs, and cleaned the registry. Then installed the KM Player and it's running smoothly now. I think there might be some problems with the codecs. Thank you for helping me solve the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom