problems with sound on ubuntu

Status
Not open for further replies.

raviramgopal

Broken In
hi,
i recently installed linux(ubuntu 7.04) and i have the following problem:
i have an intex sound card and it doesnt work always on linux.it usually works after 1 or 2 restarts.the sound icon has now dissappeared from the bottom right corner.can anyone help me.thanks
even my broadband connection(bsnl) does not work always

praka123

left this forum longback
please refer open source section.alsa most prolly autodetects ur sound card.check that in BIOS if anything can be done to disable ur onboard sound card.if not,u can blacklist the onboard soundcard module from loading.even better give some details about intex sound card what chipset does it uses?

regarding adsl connections esp dataone,there is sticky in open source section which can help you.u need a lan card which ur mobo already may have to establish a pppoe connection.ask a mod to move this to open source section.there your question get more attention.
nvidia8800 said:
try installing new drivers..
this is Linux dude :D

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
More information about the soundcard would be helpful. Plz post the output of the command: lspci

Issue that command in a terminal window (Apps > Accessories > Terminal)

F

FilledVoid

Im fairly new to Ubuntu so Ill explained my dilemma I faced. I had problems with sound and had to recompile alsa for it to work. In your case that might not be the case though. Theres a Ubuntu sound FAQ on the site. Since Im on dialup I really prefer to not look for it. but just search on the site for Sound troubleshoot and it should bring up two troubleshooting threads labelled with [HOW TO]. Hope this helps somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom