PROBLEMS WITH MY NEW PC!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

king rrr

Broken In
Hi friends,
i have recently bought my new pc.i have got few problems and some doubts and i want ur suggestions.I am giving its configuration and the related problems below. please read them and help me.

configuration :
1)amd athlon 64 3200+ winchester(939 pin)
2)a8n-e motherboard
3)512mb ddr 400mhz hynix ram
4)leadtek winfast px6200 tc tdh 256mb pci e card(64mb onboard and upto 256mb supported)
5)sony dru-810a dvd writer
6)microsoft internet keyboard
7)microsoft basic USB optical mouse
8)zebronics cabinet with 2 fans
9)seagate 80gb sata 7200 rpm
10)400 watts power supply
11)one sony floppy drive
12)creative sbs 2.1 370
13)apc ups(one year old)
14)samsung syncmaster 793df - 17"
this is my system's configuration

My doubts :
1)is this configuration good for latest games,applications,future proof.(any changes needed)
2)is my monitor a good 17" selection . if not advice me a good model
3)is my cabinet a good brand
4)what about my speakers.is it good choice for below rs.1500 budget for speakers

problems:
1)During the powercut, though the CPU is running, the monitor is immediately getting switched off automatically.
2)Not able to resize the window as it is drifting to one side whenever the system is restarted.
3)(IMPORTANT) FREQUENTLY THE USB OPTICAL MOUSE AND AT TIMES THE KEYBOARD ARE GETTING STRUCK WITHOUT ANY PARTICULAR REASON, AND I HAVE TO RESTART THE COMPUTER TO MAKE THEM WORK.
4)While working, whenever the devices like mouse, keyboard are removed form their slots the CPU is automatically turning off. In the beginning, I thought the problem was due to the firewall protection in the mother board. So I disabled the firewall but the problem continued.
5)I dont feel that the system is up to its mark while playing latest games. Few games like Star wars Battle front are autodetecting high settings in my PC but I am not able to play them in those settings as the game is becoming very slow.
6)My DVD writer is getting struck-up and not ejecting with or without CD sometimes.

I am expecting the following reasons for these problems:
1)I think there is some problem with the mother board or mouse itself for the mouse to struck-up.
2)I feel there is a problem with the RAM or insufficient memory capacity for the games to not work properly.
3) Maybe there is some problem with the hard disk or the provided power supply also. I feel they have given me 320watts instead of 400watts, but it is written on the case.

Please help me to overcome the problems by suggesting as many solutions as possible.

THANKYOU.

Tech&ME

Banned
Ok so u have a lot of problems!

Your problem is simple. But to solve your problem completely it is adviseable to give the following info.

1. Tell us who assembled this computer for you. Was it you yourself who did it or someone else did it for you ?

2. What softwares are installed in your comp, i am talking about big games and softwares from Adobe. (ignor the basic softwares).
Which OS are you using and what version.

3. Which APC ups do you have, i mean the VA ratings.

Anyway I will try to answer to your problems below but for more proper answers please post the answers to the above questions.

1)During the powercut, though the CPU is running, the monitor is immediately getting switched off automatically.

Ans : This basically is your UPS problem, you must have a fully charged UPS of atleast 600 VA ratings or more.

2)Not able to resize the window as it is drifting to one side whenever the system is restarted.

Ans: I don't understand this question. Possible, your GPS is responding too late. (just a guess)

3)(IMPORTANT) FREQUENTLY THE USB OPTICAL MOUSE AND AT TIMES THE KEYBOARD ARE GETTING STRUCK WITHOUT ANY PARTICULAR REASON, AND I HAVE TO RESTART THE COMPUTER TO MAKE THEM WORK.

Ans : Your harddisk is the calprit, just make sure you defrag your harddisk regularly to avoid such problem. Also leave atleast 4 to 10 gb's free in each partition that you have, don't overload the partitions with too many GAMES and ADODE software installed.

4)While working, whenever the devices like mouse, keyboard are removed form their slots the CPU is automatically turning off. In the beginning, I thought the problem was due to the firewall protection in the mother board. So I disabled the firewall but the problem continued.

Ans : What ? are trying to remove the keyboard and the mouse when the Computer is running ? don't do this. Even if this devices are plug and play you must not take out the Keyboard (mainly) and the mouse when your comp is running. Your motherboard looks like is configured to shutdown your computer in the absence of a keyboard error or mouse error which occurs when you pull them out while the comp is running.

You should also replace your RAM with an original RAM module of 2 x 256 MB from either Kingstone or Transand.

To solve this, just don't remove them when your comp is running.

And there is NO firewall in the motherboard. If you are talking about RAID its entirely a different thing.

5)I dont feel that the system is up to its mark while playing latest games. Few games like Star wars Battle front are autodetecting high settings in my PC but I am not able to play them in those settings as the game is becoming very slow.

Ans : Your GPU is either not configured corrently or you have not installed the latest direct X drivers. This also happens sometimes because some games use the Open GL instead of direct X.

6)My DVD writer is getting struck-up and not ejecting with or without CD sometimes.

Ans : Your DVD Writer is faulty. Or you do not use the EJECT button to load the CD/DVD's. DON'T PUSH THE TRAY TO CLOSE YOU DVD WRITER. This is the main cause of such problems and people start blamming the Writer itself. (I don't say you do this, but this could be a possibility.)

OP
K

king rrr

Broken In
1)i have apc back ups es
2)i remove mouse from its slot when the mouse is struck and again i replace it into its slot.
3)i always use eject button to load a cd.
4)i use windows xp professional.
5) i play latest games like brothers in arms,lego starwars,unreal tournment 2004 .i load 10gb of games.but i dont think that is aproblem as i have 80 gb of space.
i just brought the pc one week back,hoe can i get a problem with hard disk unless it is genuine.

techgizmo

Broken In
i think u should format ur computer.
as it is a new computer u wont have problem of losing ur imp data wich u would have collected in d last few years.
ur configuration is quite upto the mark.
i think as it is just a one week old computer u should show it to the person whom u bought it from
this u can do only if u havent assembled urself.

Tech&ME

Banned
king rrr said:
1)i have apc back ups es
2)i remove mouse from its slot when the mouse is struck and again i replace it into its slot.
3)i always use eject button to load a cd.
4)i use windows xp professional.
5) i play latest games like brothers in arms,lego starwars,unreal tournment 2004 .i load 10gb of games.but i dont think that is aproblem as i have 80 gb of space.
i just brought the pc one week back,hoe can i get a problem with hard disk unless it is genuine.

Can you please tell us where did you got this new computer of yours from ?

Dump it back to him.

Anyway, if your mouse requires driver, then install them. Update your comp with all the latest Windows Updates. And see if this help.

Or do as techgizmo said.

Is your monitor drawing power from the UPS? Or is it directly connected to the wall outlet, bypassing the UPS?

Don't quite get this. Did you try using the monitor size and position settings?

Doesn't sound good. There are heaps of reasons why this may occur. I suggest you back up all imporatnt data, reformat your HD and reinstall the OS. Call a proffesional if you're not confident of doing this your self.

Nothing to do with firewalls. And, why do you do this unplugging thing? Same suggestion as for question 3).

Nothing to worry. GF6200 is definitely not up to the mark. Reduce in game resolution and other graphical settings.

Again, maybe a hardware problem, maybe not. Best way to find out - start with a clean slate. Read my answer to question 3)

Tip: Download and keep ready (on CD) all the latest drivers for your hardware before you re-format.

Regards,
Keith

harish_21_10

In the zone
Hey King rrr,if u want to get a solution for ur problem then pls co-operate.There are people out here giving u suggestions and also asking some questions to help u better,but there are no reply's from ur side.

OP
K

king rrr

Broken In
harish,i have given reply for the questions they asked me.please read my reply to tech&me.but i am looking for more suggestions before giving another reply.if u are ready to help me i will reply to any questions.will u help me...

and i am replying to keith sebastian questions here.

1)i connected to ups directly
2)i tried monitor size and position settings but no good result.
3)i remove mouse from its slot when it is struck and i connect it again so that it will work,but the cpu is turning off when i do it.so again i have to restart it to make the mouse work.
4)my drivers are upto date.
i got my system assembled with agood proffesional and he only formated it.i think no problem with formating.it is formated 15 days back only.

harish_21_10

In the zone
The first thing i would suggest is same as others advised,format the hard disk and install the OS again.If the problems still continue then try and use some other monitor on ur pc and do the same thing for ur UPS if the other monitor also gets switched off when there is power cut.This will confirm the problem,where with the monitor or ups.

As far as the mouse problem is concerned i would advice u to speak to the person,you bought the pc from.And i have got no hint about ur DVD writer stucking problem.

Anyways,where do u stay in hyd?just PM me

hummer

Journeyman
if i remember correctly bios has a provisoin fr halt on all errors. wha do u guys think this may b due to that . just a thought . i m not a proff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom