problems wit SONY DRU-820A

Status
Not open for further replies.

keynes

Right off the assembly line
guys i have a SONY DVD writer model SONY DRU-820A... the hardware is highly unstable since the date i bought... the followin are the probs i face... find me a permanent sol pl...

1.wen i play dvd audio.. i hear a noise which generally occurs wit a scratched disk
2. and the audio output is very slow... songs are literally cryin..
3. i have the same prob with dvd movies
4. at certain times.. even new disks won even open or read like i've not inserted any disks at all
5. worst case.. drive won detect even, wen i start my pc

kind note:.. i'm new to this forum.. so i've not checked any previous threads abt the same prob... kindly post again , anythin tat could really help me out... thanks in advance

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
U have a problem with ur drive. My friend has this drive and it writes quite good DVDs. When i had a 'lost case' writer then i used to do my writing through this drive only and those DVDs wrote n read quite well !

U better get it replaced

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Please get the drive changed after checking it on another pc.I think the drive has a fault.In worst case scenarios ur motherboard's IDE connector might be having the fault.A lot of people with sony drives are facing problems.I have a sony drive(AWG120A) which i bought directly form RP tech and i have faced no problems.

OP
K

keynes

Right off the assembly line
thanks for ur reply dude.. i wan to kno abt ur mother board.. cos mine is 3 yrs old and the hardware is newly introduced.. so i think i need some latest .inf files to run it smooth... if u can do some research on this and let me kno soon...
my motherboard model ASUS A7V8X-MX SE... if u r a chennaitte.. hope u kno RP tech.. i bought the drive ther ... cureently after some suggestions from friends i'm runnin the drive wit a 80 pin conductor cable.. hope u kno abt this.. if not .. its jus a higher version of IDE cable used to run high rpm HDDs(above7200rpm)..
expectin ur reply soon.. bye thx

my motherboard is 4 years old.but the drive runs smooth.

yes,80 pin conducto cable is better than 40 pin for obvious reason that its faster.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart
Did u check the drive on someone else's PC.Please do so.Also i bought my brother's whole pc today from rashi(RP tech).Look for BIOS upgrades for ur mobo and also ur DVD drive.That can surely help.But please be cautious.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
rajdeepsingh86 said:
my motherboard is 4 years old.but the drive runs smooth.

yes,80 pin conducto cable is better than 40 pin for obvious reason that its faster.

80 pin cable is not faster but its shielded and so less prone to interferences and hence may supress possible errors from creeping in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom