Problem with xp sp2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dkverma87

Broken In
I have a Machine with P4 Processor (2.4 Ghz), 512 Mb of RAM, 40 GB of HDD, DVD RW. When i try to install windows xp sp2 on my PC it easily complete file copying but after reboot it hang on loading.

I have formatted my computer many times but the problem occurs every time.

But When i install windows xp sp1 it installs easily. Plz help me to solve this problem.

Thankxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

gopz

In the zone
Try installing from a different disk. Or, install XP SP1 and then try to upgrade it using the SP2 CD.

OP
D

dkverma87

Broken In
First of all, I wana say thanks to all of you to reply.
I have used various discs of sp2 & also tried to upgrade with differ-differ discs but same problem occurs.

dhanusaud

Ambassador of Buzz
your HDD is quite old.....I mean it is carrying bad sectors in it. try to install in brand new HDD or anyother HDD you have or anyother partition you have created in the same HDD. Installation will work fantastic.

Before trying above, if system doesn't reboots...switch off the main power supply, wait atleast single minute & turn the system on. If installation goes cute then no need to replace HDD or installtion in other partition.

But remember you will get errors soon, bcoz HDD you are using has gone worst.For better performance you must go for branded HDD.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
So there are some problem with components of Windows XP SP2, that your system cant handle. It could be some SATA driver or so as I've heard of many drivers that hangs the installation. Please make sure that u do not have any kind of problems related to drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom