Problem with UPS

vipulmal

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys,
So I finally got my PC assembled today from Cost to Cost with the following specs:
Intel i5 3470
G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB
Seasonic S12II 620W
WD Blue 1 TB SATA
ATI Sapphire Radeon 7850HD (2GB)
Asus DVD-RW 24B5ST

The guy there suggested me either APC/Luminous UPS. Since Luminous was more in my budget, I opted for it. The exact model is Luminous 600 Duo.
Now, everything was working perfectly fine when I was browsing casually, installing stuff etc. After about 30 minutes of playing Dota 2, the UPS gave such a frightening beep, I almost pissed myself. Can you tell me what's wrong over here? Is it overloading by any chance?

Gauravs90

geek........
UPS are not meant to provide backup for long time. They provide enough time to shutdown the comp or hibernate it.

tkin

Back to school!!
Hi guys,
So I finally got my PC assembled today from Cost to Cost with the following specs:
Intel i5 3470
G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB
Seasonic S12II 620W
WD Blue 1 TB SATA
ATI Sapphire Radeon 7850HD (2GB)
Asus DVD-RW 24B5ST

The guy there suggested me either APC/Luminous UPS. Since Luminous was more in my budget, I opted for it. The exact model is Luminous 600 Duo.
Now, everything was working perfectly fine when I was browsing casually, installing stuff etc. After about 30 minutes of playing Dota 2, the UPS gave such a frightening beep, I almost pissed myself. Can you tell me what's wrong over here? Is it overloading by any chance?
UPS is not designed to be used for prolonged period of time, for that you need an inverter or a generator. 30 mins is great.

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Your new UPS needs to charged for half a day or so, to provide proper backup.

The PSU is overkill for the rig. You can crossfire with that psu :p

Top Bottom