Problem with Router

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
Few days back, i my smps bursted. I replaced my smps with another one. But after replacing it i am facing a very weird problem. I had my Netgear Wireless Router connected to the system. Now when i start my system, the Internet LED's on the Router goes off. And when i shut down the system it glows back to normal. I can access internet only in wifi mode on my mobile when my system is shut down. Any ideas what went wrong? I am using BSNL Broadband.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
are you using the computer and Router from a UPS? try switching over the power outlets they are connected to. Even if it doesnt help try using the computer and Router from independent power sources. That should do the trick.

OP
sachin_kothari

sachin_kothari

Ambassador of Buzz
Will try both these things and update. The PC in question is my home PC which i can check only later tonite.

Update: Tried both the ideas, at first the internet just did not start. Tried switching sockets but of no use. Finally after half an hour of no activity, the internet started out of nowhere. It worked all night but i have removed my speakers from the UPS. Did not put them back fearing the internet will shut again. Will try to put the speakers back tonite. But one thing i dont understand is the logic behind changing the power sockets on the UPS. @thetechfreak please let me know.

Last edited:

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Turn off one option named something like this: "Auto wake-up from LAN call" in the BIOS. I can't remember the exact option.
If this doesn't work out your problem, then your motherboard got dagamed during the time when your old SMPS got burnt (or bursted in your term).

Top Bottom