Problem with PCSX2 emulator

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
I installed PCSX2 emulator in my Win 7 64bit machine and tried to load GTA : LCS game, till the cut scene i was getting around 50fps, but once the initial cut scene starts, fps dipped to 4~5. then after i waited for cut scene and played the game fps is still the same. I changed all the settings to low, lowered the resolution to 640x480, but still the same. Does anyone know what is the issue? Any way to speed up the game.

ratul

█████████████████
I installed PCSX2 emulator in my Win 7 64bit machine and tried to load GTA : LCS game, till the cut scene i was getting around 50fps, but once the initial cut scene starts, fps dipped to 4~5. then after i waited for cut scene and played the game fps is still the same. I changed all the settings to low, lowered the resolution to 640x480, but still the same. Does anyone know what is the issue? Any way to speed up the game.

firstly make sure you have the latest version of pcsx2, now i was facing the same problem with DBZBT3 and Tekken5, so i chose gsdx-sse4 as my GPU render plugin and in that, configure the renderer as Direct3D11(Hardware)..
That solved the problem for me..

win32.tr0jan

Journeyman

First of all, You need atleast a QuadCore to run PCSX2 compatible games smoothly. You will not get any more than 50fps to the max. Second, check PCSX2 site and forums to see if GTA is compatible ( Not necessary though, if You have a Quad ) and third try changing your Graphics Plugin to lower versions of GSDx and use the Speed Hacks ( Don't use Game Fixes ).

But, your rig is really weak for good games. I used to have E7500 + HD5670 and still had only 48fps for WWE SvR. Try to get an upgrade.

win32.tr0jan

Journeyman
^^ What about switching the GPU to 4850? Will it boost the speed? 4850 is sitting idle in another rig.

I don't think it will do any good. Unless your processor is good, you can't boost more than 1-5fps to the max. I have been trying my best since last year to play with my 5670 and E7500. Finally upgraded to i5 3450. Now I have to use frame limiter :D ( getting 500+fps for games ). Anyway, did you try a stable version of GSdx? Put it to hardware mode and do not use any GSdx Hacks like AA and Alpha hack.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
if its just LCS that you want to play, then d/l this total conversion for GTA SA - [REL] LCS PC EDITION v.3.1.1

~270MB

rahulkadukar

Broken In
How good is a i7 2760m (quad core, eight threads) for PCSX2. I want to try it out but wanted to confirm if the CPU is good enough.

Top Bottom