Problem with office xp.....???

Status
Not open for further replies.

bibek170

Right off the assembly line
I recently bought a new computer with the following configuration -
Core2Duo E4500 @ 2.2Ghz on an intel 945 based motherboard, built-in video, sound and lan, 1G of ddr2 ram, 200 Gb of SATA harddrive, 19" widescreen samsung lcd display and a 300W SMPS. It runs on WinXp SP2 and has NAV2005.
My work involves me working with Microsoft Office and Autocad. The problem is when i'm running both these applications together, after some time the graphics in excel gets all glitchy and an error message pops up saying there isn't enough resources. The display in autocad and the desktop are fine. So far, I haven't been able to locate the problem. A friend says it could be due to faulty memory module. Is this true? I am running Office 2007 and Autocad 2006
Please help!

a_tif

Journeyman
might be ram problem

remove ram and clean the golden pins on it with rubber(eraser) and put it back in and check

you should also try to remove unwanted entryies from startup
like messengers n others which unnecessarily hog memory

you can also disable services which u dont require , that will also free up memory

PS : NAV2005 is a memory hogger

OP
B

bibek170

Right off the assembly line
i dont think the programs at startup is a problem coz when i open the task manager cpu usage is only 2% and available memory is anywhere between 540M-700+M free.
i noticed yesterday that the problem existed even when running excel 2007 alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom